Dyslexia Support Group

Dyslexia refers to any reading difficulty not associated with obvious problems (such as bad eyesight). Dyslexias include the inability to name letters, to read words or sentences, or to recognize words directly even though they can be sounded out. Dyslexia is not limited to reversing the order of letters in reading or writing; it may, for instance, include unexpected spelling mistakes.

0 Online
  • megan1313

Help

Hi all, im 16 years old and I'm halfway through my first year of a levels. And it is absolute hell, I'm battling to get support from some teachers, one teacher when she offers to help me because I'm struggling so badly in psych she gets angry because I can't do it she begins to sigh and get fed up with me.  She tells me I put no effort in but I try my hardest and try harder than everyone. I...
  • deleted_user

are hdha people more social ??

is just me or hdhd/add people more social than dysleic people I'm add/dysleic and i wanted to meet more dyslexic people and i dont get a respones but then I go on the dysleic form there is a new topic all the time be us dysleic people are less social i because of our spelling ??
  • Jersey_of_Oz

A diagnosis

I was in 7th grade. It was Mrs. D's English class... though in 7th grade we had 2 and one was technically Engl and was was Litturature, but for the life of me I cannot remember which was wich. Each week in Mrs. D's class we had to have a writing to turn in on Friday that was at least 100 words and was at times on a topic and at times not. Each Friday we would then spend the whole period reading...
  • megan1313

Help

Hi all, im 16 years old and I'm halfway through my first year of a levels. And it is absolute hell, I'm battling to get support from some teachers, one teacher when she offers to help me because I'm struggling so badly in psych she gets angry because I can't do it she begins to sigh and get fed up with me.  She tells me I put no effort in but I try my hardest and try harder than everyone. I...
  • megan1313

Help

• megan1313

help

• megan1313

help

• megan1313

help

• Loni

New to Dyslexia

My son was just recently diagnosed with Dyslexia.  He has to work harder than everybody else. I hate to see him upset because his peers are calling him stupid or slow. I have had concerns ever since Kindergarten with him.  It just took him so long to do homework and relied on memorization. I was told some of his issues would work itself out by second grade. In second grade, I asked his teacher...
  • deleted_user

Diagnosing Dyslexia

Hi everyone I am visiting the group and I will probably bring up a topic that has already been discussed and I will apologize now. However, I wanted to know how a DX is given for dyslexia if the person already has multiple conditions that could mimic dyslexia? My son is dyspraxic and I know dyslexia goes hand in hand with it in many patients. However, my son also has multiple language disorders...
  • deleted_user

what careers are good choices for dyslexics?

Hi, I am not dyslexic, but my nephew is. His mother is concerned that he shows little interest in anything (besides Star Wars games) and is not really passionate about any subject. He is 14 years old and quite smart (I think). He is very good at putting things together - like vacuum cleaners and anything with parts that needs some assemnbly. He does not read the directions, he just does it. But...
  • kailajo318

Embarrassed

So I've been getting very frustrated with myself over this and everyone I talk to says it's probably dyslexia (especially since my dad has it) but it's never been bad enough to be diagnosed because I've been able to read "fine." At work I constantly get numbers jumbled up when I'm reading totals to people, I can't spell and sometimes write the letters in the wrong order, and I have a hard time...
  • cherrie123

Comments

Good Evening. I am currently doing a project on creating a product to aid the learning of dyslexic children. My product is a Rubik's cube with letters on it, so instead of matching the colors, the children will match the letters into simple 3 letter words. A part of my project is to get comments from dyslexic people or people who have experience with dyslexic people on my product, and I would...
  • blueskys121212

overcoming people whi look down on you

Hi in my life i gave been through so much due to dyslexia.as school was bullied and not only by pupils but also teachers!family looked down at me as i did not measure up to everyone else in the family who could read write and have the confidence to do what i could not do......my bigest problem was inferior thinking about my self.once i over came that i felt free.i got over caring about what...
  • BubblesDavey

Newly Diagnosed

I just found out that my grandson has been diagnosed with Dyslexia.I want to learn all I can about this subject.Any comments will help.