Dyslexia Support Group

Dyslexia refers to any reading difficulty not associated with obvious problems (such as bad eyesight). Dyslexias include the inability to name letters, to read words or sentences, or to recognize words directly even though they can be sounded out. Dyslexia is not limited to reversing the order of letters in reading or writing; it may, for instance, include unexpected spelling mistakes.

0 Online
  • sylwialiako

Dysexia

The most common misperception among people outside the industry is that dyslexia or any number of other learning disabilities is that it is a "disease"--dyslexics are not diseased, and the remedial supports they receive help them access knowledge by using different parts of the brain.
  • Hi everyone, my name is Sammy. I am dyslexic and am currently working on a school project to redesign something to help the dyslexic community. I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what frustrates you or that you think could be better, something that effects you daily with maybe filling out forms, reading or anything along those lines? For example every time I write a check I get the...
  • Redtumbleweed

Dating

Hey y'all just wanted to let you know what I am going through so I started to use a couple different dating apps the only problem is trying to keep a conversation going over text as you can see I can make constant spelling errors don't use punctuation and mix up my homonyms which used to not be a problem see I was in a relationship for almost 8 years so the last time I had to do this no one had a...
  • chanellelaine

Research

HelloI'm doing some research into dyslexia and well-being. https://boltonss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0IWXJgfW24F5BHvI'd really appreciate any participants to click the link above and partake.I'm hoping to get this research published to increase awareness of dyslexia.Thank you so much guys.
  • Jersey_of_Oz

Developing understanding

Helping people understand learing disabilityies is hard. When I was a child it was really hard to understand and I was placed in a group with a variety of children who were unsucessful for some reason, which I should not have been placed in. I was not dumb. I was not unable to learn. I was just slow at processing.This is a ideo I like to use to teach others. It is a little dated, but I recomend...
  • megan1313

Help

Hi all, im 16 years old and I'm halfway through my first year of a levels. And it is absolute hell, I'm battling to get support from some teachers, one teacher when she offers to help me because I'm struggling so badly in psych she gets angry because I can't do it she begins to sigh and get fed up with me.  She tells me I put no effort in but I try my hardest and try harder than everyone. I...
  • deleted_user

are hdha people more social ??

is just me or hdhd/add people more social than dysleic people I'm add/dysleic and i wanted to meet more dyslexic people and i dont get a respones but then I go on the dysleic form there is a new topic all the time be us dysleic people are less social i because of our spelling ??
  • Jersey_of_Oz

A diagnosis

I was in 7th grade. It was Mrs. D's English class... though in 7th grade we had 2 and one was technically Engl and was was Litturature, but for the life of me I cannot remember which was wich. Each week in Mrs. D's class we had to have a writing to turn in on Friday that was at least 100 words and was at times on a topic and at times not. Each Friday we would then spend the whole period reading...
  • megan1313

Help

Hi all, im 16 years old and I'm halfway through my first year of a levels. And it is absolute hell, I'm battling to get support from some teachers, one teacher when she offers to help me because I'm struggling so badly in psych she gets angry because I can't do it she begins to sigh and get fed up with me.  She tells me I put no effort in but I try my hardest and try harder than everyone. I...
  • megan1313

Help

• megan1313

help

• megan1313

help

• megan1313

help

• Loni

New to Dyslexia

My son was just recently diagnosed with Dyslexia.  He has to work harder than everybody else. I hate to see him upset because his peers are calling him stupid or slow. I have had concerns ever since Kindergarten with him.  It just took him so long to do homework and relied on memorization. I was told some of his issues would work itself out by second grade. In second grade, I asked his teacher...
  • deleted_user

Diagnosing Dyslexia

Hi everyone I am visiting the group and I will probably bring up a topic that has already been discussed and I will apologize now. However, I wanted to know how a DX is given for dyslexia if the person already has multiple conditions that could mimic dyslexia? My son is dyspraxic and I know dyslexia goes hand in hand with it in many patients. However, my son also has multiple language disorders...