Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

3 Online

Getting worse

everyday I am getting worse. I've tried everything. I'm starting to get suicidal thoughts and just feel like I'll be better off dead. Need the thoughts to stop and I need ways to cope. My parents know but they say "it's just a phase" PLEASE HELP

Replies

LonelyAnne
LonelyAnne

It is not a phase. But it also is not the answer. It looks easy now, but it isn't Call someone...NOW...just anyone ....to talk....about anything!
PeteMason
PeteMason

Yes, a phase in the wrong direction quite possibly, has anything in particular triggered your current mood?
Punk
Punk

hang in there and try to relax take some deep breaths what about ice cream im addicted to Ben & Jerry's usually Cherry Garcia go on youtube look up funny pets but just hang in there it will get better
Tazz_vb
Tazz_vb

My friend recently tried to commit suicide, I have been in a episode and we use to talk about depression and keep ourselves strong but we aren't. I don't have a plan but I do know I don't want to live anymore
PeteMason
PeteMason

What has happened to you for you to want to turn your back on life?
Tazz_vb
Tazz_vb

I was raped... and I can't deal with this depression anymore. It hurts so much and I need the pain to stop and no one believes that I'm suffering. They are telling me I'm being over dramatic. Even the police told me not to say it just to say it.
PeteMason
PeteMason

Tell me darling, are you seeing a therapist?
PeteMason
PeteMason

There is no such thing as an over dramatic rape victim, so to those who say it to you call them liars.
Tazz_vb
Tazz_vb

They tell me I was dressed for it. I was asking for it. I saw a therapist but then I stopped because the person I saw left. I hate myself and I feel like the lowest person for being raped
dinahmorris
dinahmorris

Well you are not the lowest person. Getting help is a must. But remember while you are having suicidal
thoughts you have severe depression which is a physical issue. Only talking about depression doesnt help. you prob need medication as well as support to get over all this. I was raped myself but I was probably a bit older. It is never OK and it is not your or my fault. you say you have tried everything-what have you tried? good luck hun xxx
PeteMason
PeteMason

Nobody is dressed for rape darling, you are being lied to. Nobody asks to be raped, another lie. You NEED to be seeing a therapist, they are trained to understand your pain, and help stop it from happening. How you feel is natural, however, it is an irrational or false feeling. Where were your parents when your abuse took place?
Tazz_vb
Tazz_vb

I've tried therapies. My parents don't wanna get me medication for "a phase" I've tried to cheer myself up with my own coping methods like music and drawing but those don't interest me
Tazz_vb
Tazz_vb

Being raped was my fault. I was doing a nightly run. I thought I was safe in my neighborhood I wasn't. They were home and I was at a friends and she didn't wanna run with me so I did. I live in Maine and someone came and got me off the side of the road near the woods.
PeteMason
PeteMason

Your parents don't care, great, where to from here then do you think?
refurb
refurb

drop the confusion.
the rape is/was/will always be the rapists fault.
there is no one thing, there are no combination of things that justify you being raped
rape is a mindfuck, accept that it creates false beliefs

three absolute irrefutable truths:

1) You were innocent before it occurred
2) You were innocent as it occurred
3) You are innocent now and always

i'm a man, i'm telling you true, those three truths are universal for any, all, & each person that was raped
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • StormPetrel

Does it Really Matter?

My H refuses to discuss his A.  We have been through hell and back because of him, but we are still together.  I really want to know when his A started.  He won't tell me.  Everything he has told me has turned out to be a lie.He seems to think I have no memory.  Recently I have been thinking about the past and some of the things the OW has said to me.  She works with him and I have known...
  • Punk

My Story

ok here it is im newbi here and type 2 diabetic with neuropathy i have my sugar under comtrol i also have depression but i have that under control i also have anxiety everytime i go somplace with a lot of people i freak out and leave im on meds for that and the others im in a bad marraige that i cant escape she has medical problems with no place to go and no freinds ir family except for me i had...