Depression Support Group
Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.
SBoom
So... I have officially been free of cigarettes for 3 weeks as of today (not counting one minor, alcohol-induced slip up a couple weekends ago). It hasn't been easy, but so far so good. I've been going to the gym regularly since I quit and I can now run the length of a soccer field without becoming short of breath, which is the best feeling I've had in a long long time! I've signed up for a recreational soccer team with my brother and our roommate, and our first game in on Wednesday so that's pretty exciting - first chance to really test drive the new smoke-free lungs! ;)
I just thought I'd share a little positive news with you guys, since it's always a breath of fresh air to read on here that someone's doing well.
I've gotta say, the hardest thing about quitting has been the mood swings. I've definitely noticed myself being a lot more irritable that usual, and I wouldn't call it an exaggeration to say that over the past few weeks I've been quite a bitch. But everyone around me knows that it's because I'm quitting, so they've prepared themselves for it and know it's best just to ignore me when I'm being stupid and not to take it personally when I get annoyed with them. It's been most difficult to cope at work, because I work with children and I realize that they simply cannot understand what I'm dealing with so I've had to be super careful about how I respond to them when they misbehave. I make sure to think thoroughly through what they've done before opening my yapper, and so far I don't think I've changed in the way I deal with them - perhaps I've been a wee bit stricter, I'm not really sure.
I just thought I'd share a little positive news with you guys, since it's always a breath of fresh air to read on here that someone's doing well.
I've gotta say, the hardest thing about quitting has been the mood swings. I've definitely noticed myself being a lot more irritable that usual, and I wouldn't call it an exaggeration to say that over the past few weeks I've been quite a bitch. But everyone around me knows that it's because I'm quitting, so they've prepared themselves for it and know it's best just to ignore me when I'm being stupid and not to take it personally when I get annoyed with them. It's been most difficult to cope at work, because I work with children and I realize that they simply cannot understand what I'm dealing with so I've had to be super careful about how I respond to them when they misbehave. I make sure to think thoroughly through what they've done before opening my yapper, and so far I don't think I've changed in the way I deal with them - perhaps I've been a wee bit stricter, I'm not really sure.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Huzah!!!
Congratulations. I wish you a long and healthy life.
Ohh yeah!