Depression Support Group
Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.
orion888
Hi,
I just needed to vent a bit as I feel a bit frustrated. Not terribly depressed or anything, but frustrated. Might be too many things to mention here.
I know I have mentioned the support group I go to a couple of times here. The last time I talked about it was at Christmastime, and I was very upset. There is a leader here of the whole group who is in charge of everything in the area.
The last time I went to the group, I was fairly upset about what happened. I did avoid the leader's groups because I felt like she was attacking me. After a year, I tried again on a particular day when I was quite upset, and all was made much worse by the time I left.
I took a job this year after a long period of unemployment, and was not totally comfortable with the position, but I took it because it needed it. I love the job and the team, after years of horrific bullying at the old one and a nervous breakdown I was so glad to get this good job that I currently have.
Well, the boss did turn out to be a big problem, so much, in fact, that quite a large number of ppl. got together with the union head. They feel equally put down by her.
I went to the support group to talk about it, and the woman started almost to shout at me, point her finger at me, telling me that my conflict w/my boss was my fault, caused by me ninety percent, and that it was my shut down personality that doesn't like touch, that the boss picked up on how seriously messed up I was. She then said that I was basically a total mess, and tried to get me to come to her other group, which you have to pay for, because I don't know how to love anyone.
I was really irate. I didn't get into it with her, but I left, determined never to go back. What a bitch. She is an absolute hyprocrite egomaniac and I never want to see her again. She called all of the people (20 of them) who are getting together with the union president 'victims.' and then said that our boss did not deserve this, that she deserves love. Well, in my opinion, the supervisor is widely and deeply hated for her actions, and deserves to be FIRED! Someone else can love her. I, for one, believe she needs to be held responsible for her reckless and abhorrent behavior, her suspected theft, her lying, and her anger problem. After they let her go, she can then get all the love she needs-somewhere else.
I just needed to vent a bit as I feel a bit frustrated. Not terribly depressed or anything, but frustrated. Might be too many things to mention here.
I know I have mentioned the support group I go to a couple of times here. The last time I talked about it was at Christmastime, and I was very upset. There is a leader here of the whole group who is in charge of everything in the area.
The last time I went to the group, I was fairly upset about what happened. I did avoid the leader's groups because I felt like she was attacking me. After a year, I tried again on a particular day when I was quite upset, and all was made much worse by the time I left.
I took a job this year after a long period of unemployment, and was not totally comfortable with the position, but I took it because it needed it. I love the job and the team, after years of horrific bullying at the old one and a nervous breakdown I was so glad to get this good job that I currently have.
Well, the boss did turn out to be a big problem, so much, in fact, that quite a large number of ppl. got together with the union head. They feel equally put down by her.
I went to the support group to talk about it, and the woman started almost to shout at me, point her finger at me, telling me that my conflict w/my boss was my fault, caused by me ninety percent, and that it was my shut down personality that doesn't like touch, that the boss picked up on how seriously messed up I was. She then said that I was basically a total mess, and tried to get me to come to her other group, which you have to pay for, because I don't know how to love anyone.
I was really irate. I didn't get into it with her, but I left, determined never to go back. What a bitch. She is an absolute hyprocrite egomaniac and I never want to see her again. She called all of the people (20 of them) who are getting together with the union president 'victims.' and then said that our boss did not deserve this, that she deserves love. Well, in my opinion, the supervisor is widely and deeply hated for her actions, and deserves to be FIRED! Someone else can love her. I, for one, believe she needs to be held responsible for her reckless and abhorrent behavior, her suspected theft, her lying, and her anger problem. After they let her go, she can then get all the love she needs-somewhere else.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
It would seem you are employed as you use the words boss and Union president...so I am a little confused. The hypocritical egomaniac part I understand, though I am lost on the rest of it.
So, the best advice I could ever give on how to handle the gal who likes to point fingers is this:
Purchase these things.... a just for friends card.... a vibrator....batteries....nice box...wrapping paper....and if you want a bow.....
You put everything to gather in the box and give it to her as a peace offering. Innocuous I know but save the card till she after she opens the box. Then give her the card and when she opens it is should have written upon it these words"NOW GO FUCK URSELF"
I know this seems rather drastic and embarrassing to do but I ask myself why would this gal even do this and I think it just might be because she feels an attachment to you. Though not really knowing the dynamics of your social group you are attending l am at a loss as how or even if I should give any advice which is my real quandary...So.....
Oh and I would not worry if she opens the package in view of others as it seems she was pointing her finger and berating you in view of others....