Depression Support Group
Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.
SadEyes1979
I recently found out my husband of almost 3 years id adament against having children. He always told me some day, when things are in order, when we have it all right, etc; but yesterday it was "i would only have kids for you, i dont want them myself" and i refuse to bring a child into the world where their father doesnt want them. Its not fair to the kid, even though they'd have a mother who adored them, that is not fair to him not fair to them. so, here i am 32 been with him for 13 years (almost) and dont believe in divorce (which he knew so thats why he probably kept the finality of this topic hush) how can i come to terms with this? All i feel like doing and have a few times is numb it with alcohol and pain pills. HELP!
SadEyes1979
SadEyes1979
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I so exhausted from pain in my back that started Sunday but was mild and almost gone till I took bath that night and think I twisted or did something to take it to excruciating...I am away for work in a different state so traveled Monday and worked today then called my boss to fyi her about fact I am falling apart and walking like elderly person! I did telemed and they called in prednisone and...
-
Can't wait to burn my pumpkin spice candle! National Coffee Day is coming up on the 29th so I hope to score up on a free coffee.

I believe that the biblical admonishment against divorce comes from 2 reasons. First as a way for the church to control people; secondly because back when/before the bible was written, women were property. A divorced man could still maintain a livable lifestyle, but a divorced woman was almost doomed to a life of poverty and being shunned by society.
Now things are different; divorced women still may not fare as well as divorced men, but they can lead a very productive life.
(No judgments from me here about divorce pro/con.)
A person who misleads their spouse about an issue that is very important to the other person has, in my opinion, entered into the marriage dishonestly.
For you to somehow "force, trick, or mislead" him into having a child is as bad as him misleading you into a marriage you thought would include children.
Please reconsider divorce if having children means that much to you. He is the one who has done the wrong here not you.
Again i apologize for any statements that may go against any person's faith.
Gentle hugs.
SadEyes
But what I do advice is possibly to go through Marriage Counselling. That way you can bring up the issue in a safe environment with him & he can't manipulate or weasel his way out of it.
It's worth a shot - The counsellor may suggest it also (my counsellor has suggested it for much more trivial & unimportant things!)
& finally just to say that drink isn't the answer... Otherwise you may have another issue to deal with :(