Depression Support Group
Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.
falseface
I am so worried. The other night I had a very bad dream in which I lost the one person that holds my heart in his hands. Tomorrow he has to go on a very long trip and I can't shake this anxious feeling I have about it. I hide it from him because he has enough to deal with right now, but I feel like I'm going out of my mind. I wish I could stop him from going but there's no way of doing that. I don't know what to do.
deleted_user
Personally, I don't thin there is ever any truth to dreams except a reflection of what you do and feel during the day. Nothing wrong with fearing bad things happening to those you love--I am way overly cautious and I have those dreams all the time, especially before family vacations. Nothing ever comes of it except anxiety, so let go of it and concentrate on the good things you want to happen for him.
deleted_user
I agree that the dream is just your stress manifesting in weird ways. Maybe you could write him a letter where you get all your feelings out and are able to tell him you love him. I think it's perfectly okay to tell him you're worried, if you think it will make you feel better. Just take some deep breathes and remember that everything works out and that you'll be that much happier when you get to see him again!
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...