College Stress Support Group

This community is dedicated to the unique challenges and stresses of being in college or university, including: relationship challenges, roommates, financial issues, academics, and questions about careers and future. College is exciting, scary, fulfilling, and sometimes a little out of control. Get support from other students and make a new friend!

1 Online
  • Mister_Casual

Guess I'm not alone

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been reading your comments for the past few weeks and, while I am still unbelievably stressed, it helps to know that I'm not alone. That might be kinda rude considering I do want everyone to do good, but thank you guys who have been commenting and giving me someone to root for. We can do this guys, just keep working hard and we'll...
  • College_Girl24

Overwhelmed but Managing

My assignments have seemed to slow down this week, but they are about to pick right back up. About 3 of my profeesors have assigned projects that are all due around the same time. I seem to have a hold on everything and plan to get it all done this coming week. I am just feeling a little overwhelmed just because the semester is half over and I know a lot of things are coming upI hope everyone is...
  • prismnineties

School

I'm a little hopeless about school. I know there are bigger things going on in the world and with people but I don't feel like I'm anything because I'm a failure with school. It makes me feel bad about myself and not confidant in my future or in myself at all. I do like myself and I do love myself but when I think about school I feel so depressed and like such a loser and the people around me...
  • College_Girl24

Caught Up but Still Behind

After taking a small break from a few classes last week, I am feeling a lot better. I feel caught up on all of my assignments and should be getting ahead on the ones i have coming up, but I have not. So now I am feeling like I am about to have 100 assignments coming at me. Luckily I have a few days off work, so I feel like I am going to have some time to get ahead, it's just a matter of actually...
  • olivergibbs

Making an Excellent Dissertation Abstract Chapter

As far as the students are concerned, writing every assignment matters and they need to make their every assignment top quality to get better results. Writing is a very common activity for the learners of all levels. You have to deal with writing from school, college and university levels. It’s a challenge but can present good knowledge to students. Students can grow through their writing...
  • btlopez

New here, hello everyone

Hi everyone, I hope someone has the time to read this. I am sorry that everyone seems to be struggling with university, especially graduating, I know the feeling, I am a senior, and still don't know if it will amount to anything in the end. Although, I won't deny that school workload is touch, especially since I started working, but something else has been bringing me down. I am a transfer from a...
  • Katarina

am i overthinking?

I am currently in grad school doing this course which is supposed to be the most difficult of all courses. Eveyone been telling me how difficult it is to pass and how time consuming it is. I have been trying to give my best to do all the works on time and i have been able to do it so well till now. I do not know if i am doing it so well that, together with completing the works i have free time as...
  • College_Girl24

Stressful Week

This week has done me in! I feel so behind in a lot of my classes so I am trying to catch myself up. I was so overwhelmed I skipped a class and decided to start fresh on Monday when I go back. I really need to focus now. I just feel like 500 things are being thrown at me, but I need to take a deep breathe, take a step back, and remind myself that I can do this! Just trying to stay positive and...
  • College_Girl24

Stressed is an Understatement

I am in my final year of my undergrad, and I cannot wait to be done. However, I just signed up to take the LSAT (Law Scholl Acceptance Test) in December. I feel like I have no time to study for it, but I have to get a good score or I feel like I will let my mom down. I have always wanted to go to law school, so this is something I want to do, but its hard juggling all of my classes, work, and...
  • Mister_Casual

Feeling a bit tired, but nice to meet you

I am currently in my final year of college and doing my best. I am having alot of trouble with time management and trying to keep up with work and keeping decent grades. I joined this group to try to see if it would help me with the stress I've been having and because my friend told me it might help. Not really sure how this works, but I suppose I could at least try it. To anyone willing to help,...
  • vballer123

Time Management

I am currently a sophomore in college, and one of my biggest struggles is time management. I often find myself waiting until the last moment to complete assignments and study for tests, which I think is why my grades are not great. I struggle to balance my time between my schoolwork (classes and intense homework load), my job, going to the gym, having time to exercise, and have a social life....
  • macklynn00

Can someone help?

Okay so im not actually in college yet. Im a Junior in high school, and I need help. I play softball and I'm gonna play sports in college, like that's how i'm going is a scholorship for it. I know I don't have to apply for college yet, but i'm not that smart so I bet my ACT score will be low. And my dream college is University of Florida, but I can't go there. How do I choose a college and talk...
  • lucillegem

feel like giving up...

I feel constrainedI feel terrifiedbut as much as this hurts, holding on to this is hurting me emotionally.I think I just have to admit to myself that I cant complete this task, of a paper that the teacher was so kind about giving me a deferal on in june, yet I just cant. I cant help think whats wrong with me? but every night I lay awake, and every morning sitting infront of the computer I cant...
  • Danco907

Fighting mental illness and the school

It's been a long two years fighting a pretty dibilitating mental illness called schizophrenia. During that time i failed quite a few of my college courses. Things went from bad to worse when my grandmother passed away in the middle of the semester. I was overwhelmed and had no idea what disability services was at school. Nobody told me about it until after i had two bad semesters in a row. Anyway...
  • sky2

graduating in a year and worried about grad school

Does anyone else worry about graduating in a year, wondering if your grades are good enough to get into a grad school, and not knowing what career you want?