College Stress Support Group

This community is dedicated to the unique challenges and stresses of being in college or university, including: relationship challenges, roommates, financial issues, academics, and questions about careers and future. College is exciting, scary, fulfilling, and sometimes a little out of control. Get support from other students and make a new friend!

0 Online
0 Online
  • As far as the students are concerned, writing every assignment matters and they need to make their every assignment top quality to get better results. Writing is a very common activity for the learners of all levels. You have to deal with writing from school, college and university levels. It’s a challenge but can present good knowledge to students. Students can grow through their writing...
  • I really wanted to get into an prestigious art program at my school, that will further my continuation studies I have been doing. I screwed up big time with taking an unnecessary class and not revising my portfolio that needed to be approved by the program staff. I feel like with the college education I have in my field I really do not have the skills to go to work. This fear keeps building that...
  • gratefulmess

I went back to college 2 years ago and I will be 34 this month. I have a 2 and half year old which makes doing homework, well doing anything, very challenging. I am almost done with my Associates and I am off for the summer because financial aid will only pay for 2 semesters a year. With that being said I'd like to try taking 15 credits in the fall instead of 12 to hurry the process along a bit...
  • I'm a film major and in order to graduate I have to go on an internship as a senior for 12 credits. I live in Massachusetts and I'll be going on internship in California this summer. I have a very close relationship to my family and I have never been far from them. I see my family every weekend so the idea of being a plane ride away from them for 3 months terrifies me. I have a boyfriend but I...
  • hi I'm natty I am a sophmore in college and I'm bi polar and I thought I could handle going to college full time but I don't know if I can so whats the problem why not just go part time you might ask well you see I can't afford to go to college on loans I can't take out loans can't afford it and because I'm going full time I get pell grants thats basically a full ride I don't want to drop out and...
  • quincy17

what are good ways to deal with the stressful college lifestyle. I have a project for my composition class that requires me to join a support group and interact about something that relates to my everyday life. Ill be checking for feedback. Thanks
  • oliveolive749

NEW MEMBER!!!

Hey Everyone! I'm 24 and am returning to school after a year absence! I also suffer from bipolar disorder so I took a year off to handle that. I'm super excited to talk to everyone and share our stories!Olive
  • I don't know what to do. I have noone to talk to.5 years ago I had a college professor that really seemed to take an interest in my writing. He was kind and interesting. I would see him with a slew of girls in his office all the time so I didn't think my hanging around would be strange. But it became more than just friendly advice. He would email me. Text me. Call me. We would get lunch. We would...
  • Hi,I'm new to the forum and I am also a second year graduate student. Tomorrow I start my last semester. Sounds great, right? Well, besides having to complete my units I also have to propose, run, write up, and defend my thesis project. I've been scrambling to get the next draft of my thesis to my advisor as we talked about me proposing in March. The program has always been stressful, but I have...
  • Hey. I'm Phoebe. I go to school in Ulster County, NY. Or well, I used to. I've been on a break for over a year now. But I'll go back, eventually. I have to pay financial aid back, first, but I think I can go back next fall. I withdrew because I was failing my classes due to anxiety and depression. I'm kind of scared to go back, honestly, because I might just be stupid and not capable of using my...
  • Last night I had dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. I can't even explain how crushed my dreams are now because of them.My whole life I've had to deal with mental illnesses. I've gone through several treatment facilities, psychologists, psychiatrists, medications, and as I grew to understand myself, I began to love what I have gone through. I like to study on my free time, learning more on...
  • alexstoj

Feeling Overwhelmed

Well first off, I'm pretty new to this, so here it goes. I'm a 23 year old college student who is majoring in Occupational therapy and currently working midnights at a hospital as a nursing assistant. Saturday will be one year! woohoo! I started college back in 2010 and the first two years went great. In the beginning of the third year, everything started to fall apart. The classes were getting...
  • audrianablack

Nursing

Hi all!I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with school. Nursing has been a tough journey for me. I failed out of my program in December and it was such a setback now for my bachelors. I'm going for my associates but I'm stuck between taking a semester off or doing classes at my new school and wait to be admitted in the fall. I do want to finish but there are a lot of decisions to make. I'm not sure...
  • Last October I ended a relationship with my girlfriend of two years. For more details about that (and to help me with a different problem), please read my journal. Shortly after we broke up, the college deans contacted me, saying that my ex had reported me for stalking and for breaking into her email and facebook profiles. I'm not sure if it's worth getting into the details, but our relationship...
  • bookworm38

Free ebook on Stress

Free ebook to download. Limited time only!http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VP2PEP8/Free only until May 11th