College Stress Support Group

This community is dedicated to the unique challenges and stresses of being in college or university, including: relationship challenges, roommates, financial issues, academics, and questions about careers and future. College is exciting, scary, fulfilling, and sometimes a little out of control. Get support from other students and make a new friend!

0 Online
0 Online
  • foreverrain

Petty Classmates

I just need to vent. So, it's my last semester at school and it has been a wild ride on the world's shittiest rollercoaster. A few days ago one of my friends came to me and said, "Be nice to Dr. Smith (not professor's real name), she's sick and has a baby". I looked at her with complete confusion. She then said, "I was told that you were bad-mouthing the professor. Josh (not student's real name)...
  • KindnessEarthyVibes

New here

Hi, I thought I should make a post since I joined the group... I am going into my junior year at college and it has been very stressful getting back into the swing of classes so far. On top of my schoolwork I am in a sorority and while I love it, it is a huge time commitment and takes a lot of priority over my schedule so I do not have much time for friends outside of the sorority.
  • Besides the massive amount of reading that I have done for the first two weeks I do not feel overwhelmed, but I know the storm is coming soon and I am not sure how I feel about it nor how I am going to get myself prepared.
  • StayStrong0302

First Week

Survived the first week but a nice labor day vacation was definitely an added bonus. Back to classes on wednesday. Good luck to all!!!
  • taevans

Good Luck

Good luck to those starting back school. I am finishing up my online course at Capella where I am studying School Counseling. I have 2 weeks left in this quarter and I will be so happy to finish up. I have enjoyed this course on Group Counseling and have really learnt a lot. Remember that self care is important so I hope everyone takes some time to do something they enjoy doing. I went to the...
  • I'm a film major and in order to graduate I have to go on an internship as a senior for 12 credits. I live in Massachusetts and I'll be going on internship in California this summer. I have a very close relationship to my family and I have never been far from them. I see my family every weekend so the idea of being a plane ride away from them for 3 months terrifies me. I have a boyfriend but I...
  • gratefulmess

I went back to college 2 years ago and I will be 34 this month. I have a 2 and half year old which makes doing homework, well doing anything, very challenging. I am almost done with my Associates and I am off for the summer because financial aid will only pay for 2 semesters a year. With that being said I'd like to try taking 15 credits in the fall instead of 12 to hurry the process along a bit...
  • StayStrong0302

Just beginning

Hi, this is the first time that I have posted. I just started my junior year of college and it already seems that I will have a long long long semester. I am glad that I have the new found ability to talk about my stress rather than bottle it up like I usually do.
  • Hey everyone,It's my first post. I just wanna say how great this forum is for everyone seeking support on whatever it is that they need. So many people can benefit from this.I am here because I want to be the best I can be. I know these words seem overused but it certainly can be done.I know I have dreams, big dreams that I am capable of achieving. But I also realize that my thoughts are, to a...
  • As far as the students are concerned, writing every assignment matters and they need to make their every assignment top quality to get better results. Writing is a very common activity for the learners of all levels. You have to deal with writing from school, college and university levels. It’s a challenge but can present good knowledge to students. Students can grow through their writing...
  • I really wanted to get into an prestigious art program at my school, that will further my continuation studies I have been doing. I screwed up big time with taking an unnecessary class and not revising my portfolio that needed to be approved by the program staff. I feel like with the college education I have in my field I really do not have the skills to go to work. This fear keeps building that...
  • hi I'm natty I am a sophmore in college and I'm bi polar and I thought I could handle going to college full time but I don't know if I can so whats the problem why not just go part time you might ask well you see I can't afford to go to college on loans I can't take out loans can't afford it and because I'm going full time I get pell grants thats basically a full ride I don't want to drop out and...
  • quincy17

what are good ways to deal with the stressful college lifestyle. I have a project for my composition class that requires me to join a support group and interact about something that relates to my everyday life. Ill be checking for feedback. Thanks
  • oliveolive749

NEW MEMBER!!!

Hey Everyone! I'm 24 and am returning to school after a year absence! I also suffer from bipolar disorder so I took a year off to handle that. I'm super excited to talk to everyone and share our stories!Olive
  • romancandle

student/professor relationship

I don't know what to do. I have noone to talk to.5 years ago I had a college professor that really seemed to take an interest in my writing. He was kind and interesting. I would see him with a slew of girls in his office all the time so I didn't think my hanging around would be strange. But it became more than just friendly advice. He would email me. Text me. Call me. We would get lunch. We would...