Codependency Support Group
Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others...
MelisaDE
Another great one...
Letting Go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To 'let go' does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To 'let go' is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.
To 'let go' is not to enable.
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To 'let go' is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To 'let go' is not to try to change or blame another,
It's to make the most of myself.
To 'let go' is not to 'care for',
but to 'care about'.
To 'let go' is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To 'let go' is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To 'let go' is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.
To 'let go' is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.
To 'let go' is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To 'let go' is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.
To 'let go' is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To 'let go' is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To 'let go' is to fear less,
and to love more.
Letting Go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To 'let go' does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To 'let go' is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.
To 'let go' is not to enable.
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To 'let go' is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To 'let go' is not to try to change or blame another,
It's to make the most of myself.
To 'let go' is not to 'care for',
but to 'care about'.
To 'let go' is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To 'let go' is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To 'let go' is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.
To 'let go' is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.
To 'let go' is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To 'let go' is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.
To 'let go' is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To 'let go' is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To 'let go' is to fear less,
and to love more.
deleted_user
Thankyou for this
deleted_user
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Xtina
Thank you
deleted_user
Thank you. I was just about in tears reading this. I guess I really need to "let go".
AJLizard
Inspiring! Thank you.
Codalife
Thank you. I love this list. It's posted on my cubicle wall at work.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...