Codependency Support Group
Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others...

PAMJIT
Hi all
In the mornings i seem to be frustrated and down, doom and gloom. I need a more fulfilling life without just focusing on my problems. How though do i do this, i cant seem to get myself going! like i feel stuck and dont feel i can let go of my problems with my family about my partner. Help!!
In the mornings i seem to be frustrated and down, doom and gloom. I need a more fulfilling life without just focusing on my problems. How though do i do this, i cant seem to get myself going! like i feel stuck and dont feel i can let go of my problems with my family about my partner. Help!!
deleted_user
Plan a walk, meet with a friend for coffee in the morning, journal for a few minutes to let go. Just a few things that work for me.
deleted_user
I understand. I'm in the same place. I need to do what I'm going to tell you to do. Don't wait to feel better before you do something. Do something and then you'll feel better. Find a support group, join a gym, find caring people, ANYTHING that you feel you would like and enjoy! So often we wait too long to do something, or we wait to be rescued, feel better, feel motivated, etc...This is backwards. The only way to get unstuck is to start chipping away at that glue a little at a time. Here's something my counselor recommended. Write a list (could be 1 page or 80, doesn't matter) of everything you like, everything you are, everything you have passion for. Write down your favorite colors, foods, travel spots. Write down dreams and goals. Write down anything that you want that will help you discover who you are, what you need, what you want out of life. This list is a start to get to know yourself, instead of always focusing on others' problems. Co-dependents have a tough time with knowing what our identities are. Pick some things on the list and do them. But at the very least, make this list. It might be a good start down the road that leads to YOU!
deleted_user
Mornings are the worst for me (or when I wake up in the middle of the night) because the first thing I used to do when I woke up was text my ex b/f. without having that to start my day, I usually do not even want to get out of bed, although most times I push myself. It gets a bit better as the day goes on though...finding something else to focus on for a while. I think maybe getting up a bit earlier and working out might be an answer for at least my problem.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...