Cirrhosis Support Group

Cirrhosis is a consequence of chronic liver disease, most commonly caused by alcoholism and hepatitis C. Ascites is the most common complication of cirrhosis and is associated with a poor quality of life, increased risk of infections, and a poor long term outcome. Liver damage from cirrhosis cannot be reversed, but treatment can stop or delay further progression and reduce complications.

0 Online
  • Dort1234

cirrhosis

As someone already said and I will agree are tired of no action on this site. I suppose he meant support. I have posted beforebut I would like to know the only thing that is holding me back from this disease is the wobbling (!staggering ) just wont go. It's been six months since on lactalose and still. It's embarrising. And please could someone explain the stiffness is legs and my knees are...
  • Sammy566

Things I experienced surviving Cirrhosis.

Things I experienced while having Cirrhosis,Pain in liver areaLow plateletsHigh INRDiabetesPortal pressureHemorrhoidsVarices in esophagusFluid in lungsFluid in belly and body (Ascites)Hepatic EncephalopathyLoss of appetiteSevere anemiaSevere fatigueSleep reversalLow immunityEDLack of concentrationLoss of driving privilegesForgetfulnessDepressionTooth and gum decayLow hemoglobinMood changesPain...
  • jody

Help needed

my mum was told about 5 months ago that she has cirrhosis of the liver. She found out as her stomach was full of fluid. She looked 6 months pregnant. Since then she has quickly deterated. She has dropped about 30 kgs. She is in pain in the stomach and just lies in bed. You can see she has no muscle in her body. Her eyes are yellow but have been yellow for as long as I can rember. She was told...
  • avmom

scared to know

My husband recently died from liver failure. He was diagnosed with cirrhosis last year. He was a heavy drinker and I later found out was addicted to vicodin. I also drink, mostly wine and I don't take pills not even asprin. Right after his death I started drinking more but a few weeks ago stopped. I started having pain in my side. Now I am deathly afraid I have liver issures. I don't have any of...
  • MercedesPR

Non alcoholic cirrhosis

Hi everyone my name is Mercedes Rivera, I am 52 years old, and I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. I have recently been diagnosed with non alcoholic cirrhosis. The thing is I am pretty confused. My gastro made some tests and told me that although in the fibroscan he made  I appear to have F4 cirrhosis, that the liver is kind of like a wonder organ that given the proper treatment ( diet and...
  • nikkiirose

Hi, I am looking for support for liver cirrhosis..

I have non alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver. I am 57 years old and have never had a drink in my life, so needless to say i was quite surprised and sadened when i was told I have cirrhosis of the liver. I have been reading about it online and some of the stuff i have read seems frighting. It would be nice to hear from people who are going through the same thing for knowledge and support. I am...
  • Trailbreaker

Cirrhosis Noob.

Hello all. In this day and age I don't think people are greeted the proper way anymore,so let me start off with...greetings and hello. I always try to be positive and so, I hope you all are doing well or finding ways to deal. This is my first support group posting ever, so I'm not really sure what to say. I guess I can start off with, I'm a 40 year old guy, live in Tennessee, married for 22...
  • akacountrygirl

How to deal

I wish I could learn to deal with cirrohisis.  Between that and Hep C, I am slowly dying.  No sense in trying to get a transplant.  Facilities are too far away.  I did TX for hep c and it didn't help.I had made up my mind that these diseases would not rob me of happiness; however, the depression is making that difficult.  Why can't I get straightened out?  I know the answers but have no...
  • renebur

advice on sleep plz

hi all my uncle has advanced cirrhosis of the liver his sleeping habits now totally suck he can't sleep at night when he's up till four in the morning he's tried over-the-counter medications he's tried Ambien nothing is working has anyone out here tried something that doesn't harm the liver that works for sleep I don't know how to reverse this for him any tips idea  suggestions I would surely...
  • flowerchick

Liver education

i have been diagnosed with cirrosis about a year ago. Finally educating myself on the subject. Getting very scared
  • Thirtieschild

Non-alcoholic early cirrhosis

My husband, who is 79, was just diagnosed with early non-alcoholic cirrhosis. A little bit of history: He's had delayed bleeding all his life--when he was seven he had to have a blood transfusion after a tonsillectomy, when he was 55 he came very close to dying, turned "a blue indicative of death" because of delayed bleeding after a thyroidectomy, throughout his life various minor procedures have...
  • trishure

My Father's Fight with Cirrhosis

Hello all :),I am new to this group. My primary reason for joining is to have a support group to help us and give us any info that might help my father who is battling liver cirrhosis caused by alcohol drinking and hepa B. He was diagnosed with the disease last December 2016. One of his doctors is also looking at the possibility of bile duct cancer. It was not confirmed since my father refused to...
  • lovingdaughter

END STAGE CIRRHOSIS

Hi my dad is a 74 yr who has end stage liver cirrhosis and in remission of colon cancer.  He is not a candiate for a donor or live donor transplant.  His MELD score is a 10 which is low, but my GOD he looks so sick.  The doctor says his liver is critical and we are set to see a hepatologis hopefully next week.  He is not jaundice but he has lost all body mass and continues to lose weight, has...
  • cjs1957

Back pain

my husband has cirrhosis, enlarged spleen. It's non alcoholic. He is having severe pain in his back along with pain in his liver area. Is back pain normal? He's on lactalose for ammonia level which he refuses to take at times. He thinks he is thinking clearly when he's not. Thanks 
  • CBBristol

early Cirrhosis and pain

HelloMy dad was recently diagnosed with early [alcoholic] Cirrhosis. he is 68, does not smoke.he does not have all the symptoms though - no ascites, no jaundice.his early complaints was inability to walk due to pain in leg muscles. he described his pain as "wandering pain" - it moved from legs to his back, then his arms/shoulders now his legs again. he is scared to take painkillers because of...