Cirrhosis Support Group

Cirrhosis is a consequence of chronic liver disease, most commonly caused by alcoholism and hepatitis C. Ascites is the most common complication of cirrhosis and is associated with a poor quality of life, increased risk of infections, and a poor long term outcome. Liver damage from cirrhosis cannot be reversed, but treatment can stop or delay further progression and reduce complications.

0 Online
0 Online
  • bullet16

NASH related cirrhosis

Hi, new to this and a support group. I was wondering what lies ahead for me. I have alot of symptoms and things going wrong. But i would like to know on a personel level what to expect. Mental,emoional,and spiriitual. I am glad to be here. Where ican get some info and give some as well. And hopefully find a few friends that understand what i am going through. Not alot of people know what NASH is...
  • Hi everyone. Diagnosed with cirrhosis in Jan 2016 ,alcohol related. stopped alcohol since may2016, feeling fatigue though it improved significantly after alcohol cessation. How ever my Hb is 11.2 ,Platelet 99.and bili 75 mmol. AST and ALT came normal. The Bp stays around 106/68mmhg. I am on low salt and low fat diet but my cholesterol is very high 8.9 and ldl is 6. am very worried about the...
  • mwr59

chia seeds

Hi all, I have had good labs with most numbers normal. Platelets still low but INR okay. We backed off the diuretics some and notice a bit more water retention. Have been on a ketogenic diet to try get blood sugar and metabolic syndrome under control (blood sugar levels are improving). Due to not eating processed foods and being on the keto diet I have been adding sea salt, maybe need to back...
  • My husband (non alcoholic cirrhosis) had his gb out last summer.. almost a year ago. He has more belly pain and heartburn now than he ever did before. Being a man, he refuses to go back to the doctor.. thinks he knows better than the docs. So, he is suffering.Does anyone know anything about this kind of thing? Is there any help for it? Could this really be a result of having the gb taken...
  • nymima

Don't kid yourselves

I come to the site occasionally, but today I have a message to those who think they can still drink with cirrhosis. My message today is to tell you that you absolutely cannot have alcohol if you want to live. My sister is the one who brought me to this site originally. She has alcoholic liver disease from 40 plus years of drinking. She seems to be doing okay today because she stopped drinking...
  • nymima

Back pain with cirrhosis

My sister has cirrhosis. She has had kidney problems in the past related to her cirrhosis. Today she told me that she has bad back pain and she insists it's a back problem. She said the pain is the worst pain she's ever had. I encouraged her to go to her doctor, but if she thinks it's her back, then I'm not sure she will go. Is it possible it could be her kidneys again? She has a...
  • I was diagnosed Dec 2012, since then everything was going just fine. My MELD is 6, blood test mostly normal, never had varices or ascites since diagnosis.In the last 6 weeks I have had varices, ascites that I got a parencentisis for on Thursday, they took 4 liters and said that was all there was. It is Sunday, and I am sure that about 70% of it is back!I have no idea what is going on and my GI...
  • She was diagnosed in April 2016. About a week before her birthday she went into the hospital due to vomiting blood, and she had a doctors appointment that day. She almost didn't go, because she said she felt too sick. Of course if that were the case we'd take her to the ER. Anyway, she had a blood test at the doctors, and I think they put a rush on it (thank god) and my parents were notified that...
  • MLTTexas

Hi to old friends.

Been missing you all, so thought I better check in. Many of you know my history - Hep C for many years, led to early Cirrhosis and cancer in 2010, received transplant in July, 2010 which got rid of the cancer and Cirrhosis but not the Hep C which moved into my second liver. Then in 2014 took Hep C treatments and now it is undetected. It's possible that before the Hep C treatments I had...
  • My fianc was hospitalized on 3/29/16 after vomiting blood at work. In the ER, I watched as they drained about 400 mil of blood from his stomach. Later that night, he was admitted to the Critical Care Unit when they did an endoscopy and banded 3 bleeding varices. He was in the CCU for a week. He was released and told not to ever drink alcohol again. His follow up doctor the next week told him...
  • i just had my 2nd liver biopsy about a month ago and it came back cirrhosis stage 4 but with my blood work i get a grade of 7 class b but my blood work came back normal except for my RBC&WBC which are both high, Im at the liver clinic and they can't believe it, i have all the symptoms (except for jaundice) and pain in the liver worsen when i eat unhealthy foods plus i have nuroaptahy in my feet...
  • delawarejoe

check out the menu

IF YOU WANT TO SEE A MENU OF STRAINS OF MARIJUANA GOOGLE FIRST STATE COMPASSION CENTER GERMAY DRIVE WILMINGTON DELAWARE, CHECK OUT THEIR PROCUCT PAGE AND SEE IF ANY STRAIN PERTAINS TO ANYTH9ING YOU MAY BE GOING THROUGH, BETTER THAN TRYING TO GET PILLS TO WORK, GET THE VAPOR PEN SO YOU NOT BREATHING PAPER BURNING. AND NO SMOKE, JUST VAPOR.......SWEAR MY LIVEER STOPS ACTING UP. ...EVEN IF ITS IN MY...
  • mot007us

pain meds

What kind of pain meds can you take if you have Cirrhosis, Doc is trying too take me off of Tramadol.
  • My husband has a medical history of diabetes, heart disease and now has a diagnosis of cirrhosis with grade 2 varices. They are not bleeding according to the egd. He does not have a history of drinking....seemsthis came from diabetes and fatty liver, non-alcoholic steatatosis (sp). He seems to be taking things in stride but I'm very afraid and feel alone.I work all the time and don't really...
  • Hello, just looking for some input as I'm not finding much on the web in regards to experiencing cirrhosis symptoms but having normal liver enzyme levels. My AST, ALT, Alkaline Phosphatase, Creatinine, Albumin, and Bilirubin all came back normal. Ratios of AST and ALT are normal as well, from what I read about it. Wouldn't at least one of these be abnormal if there were a serious issue? The blood...