Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

3 Online

Traveling Pain

For the past few days and also in the past I've had times where my pain will travel from one area to another within a short amount of time. Does anyone else experience this? Pretty much most areas of my body albeit not at the same time. My head, neck, shoulders, arms, back, knees, and other parts. I don't even know what to call this but I'm sure there's a name for it. Anyone have an idea or been diagnosed with a similar issue and find relief from it besides just waiting for it to go away?

Replies

Jonsparky
Jonsparky

This sounds like fibromyalgia, tends to jump around to different joints. I always try to think what I did to cause the pain, usually there isn't any.
Doctors Dx this by first eliminating any other similar disease, then they test certian tender points on the body with light pressure, it it is very painful they dx for FMS.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

What is your pain Diagnosis? There are several different things "painwise" that can affect different parts of the body at different times. I'll be honest, I'm not a big "throw a fibro label" on any different pain. RSD can affect differnt parts at different times. My RA effects different parts at different times all the time, and much of it is atmospheric pressure driven both outside and inside office buildings. My right elbow and forearm will be okay and I can pick up a soda and the pain shoots through my arm so intensely it takes my breath and then that elbow and lower arm are done and painful the rest of the day.

Osteo can move from 1 place to the other throughout the body. There are a couple others, but my brain is not working at this late hour. Have you talked to your Dr. about this and see what he has to say about it?

kat
enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

@Jonsparky
That seems to be the case but I really would like to find out for certain.

@OlderCPer
Well that's what I'm trying to find out, I already got checked for RA before and my doctor said the results came back fine so that's not the case. I have other issues as well but they're not the root cause of all this pain from what I'm told.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Jonsparky

Accupuncture

Hi everyone,I had a accupuncture session this morning, it was awesome! The chinese doctor was real nice, he must have put in 40 needles, from my head down to my feet! Left me there for a 1/2 hour, since I meditate it was not a problem to lie still with 40 needles in me, time flew by. If anyone has had this done by a real accupuncturist, it really is amazing. I barely made it home, went to sleep...
  • Leo

Monday Mourning Check-in

Hi, all.It was a rotten weekend, and there are more to come where I live.I'm saying this out of my heart.If you decide "Well, *that* side did bad thing, so that means you can't criticize *this* side for bad thing..."If you say, "Denounce *your extremists* or we won't denounce *ours* because that's not fair..."If you wonder, "Why is *my* tribe being picked on!?"If you at any point in your life,...