Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

4 Online

Severe Nerve Pain in Neck

I am down in West Palm Beach for work and the extra travelling has put such a strain on my body... to top it off I didn't bring enough of my breakthrough meds.  Really having a hard time coping and focusing on work.  I have been battling chronic pain for 4 years now.  10 surgeries later and it has lessened some.  I am more upset that my doctors didn't give me any warning on the dangers of pain med dependence. There needs to be better and more holistic treatment options for people with chronic non-cancer pain.

Replies

MeganElaine
MeganElaine

Sorry to hear you're dealing with increased pain. Balancing work, pain, and travel is a struggle I definitely relate to. Can also relate to wishing there were more (tested & effective) holistic treatment options available for pain management.

Our board here has been pretty slow lately. You may get more replies if you say a little bit about yourself and your journey (not a requirement by any means, just a thought).
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • MeganElaine

Sent Home From Work

My boss sent home from work today because of my pain. Or, more accurately, my inability to mask my pain level. It's been off the charts lately and it shows on my face. I was practically in tears after making the long climb down the hill to my office, and a few of my colleagues noticed and said something to my boss. I was supposed to go represent my agency at a state-level meeting today, but was...
  • MeganElaine

Struggling with PT

I began PT about two weeks ago and things have gone steadily downhill since. I'm doing all the stretches three times a day as suggested. By the end of my first set of exercises, my pain begins to spike. After the second round, I'm barely able to walk for the rest of the day. I do my third round in bed, then toss and turn for hours trying to get comfortable. Sleep seems like a distant memory. I...