Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

2 Online

Rizotomy.

Just had a rizotomy on my left lower back.  Wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  I just hope this helps.  Anyone else ever had this done?  I have had it done on my neck and lower back.

Replies

Tracy
Tracy

I have never heard of this. I will have to look it up.
I'm glad you didn't suffer to much pain during the procedure & I hope it helps you.
AnnNY
AnnNY

That's good to know, even though I don't know what it either.

Also, hope it helps.
enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

Never heard of it before, could you go into detail about it? Like why you had it and if it helps at all so far. I have a lot of back pain as well and sometimes neck too.
akacountrygirl
akacountrygirl

The common name for it is where they burn" the nerves. They will do this procedure if the Facet joint injections help you a little or a lot. Most people have relief from 6 months to a year. I have had good luck with it in my neck for over 2 years now. They use a radio frequency to quote "sever the nerve" What happens is the nerve can no long send the brain a single for pain.
akacountrygirl
akacountrygirl

Rhizotomy is a surgical procedure to sever nerve roots in the spinal cord. The procedure effectively relieves chronic back pain and muscle spasms. For spinal joint pain, a facet rhizotomy may provide lasting low back pain relief by disabling the sensory nerve at the facet joint.
AnnNY
AnnNY

Interesting. Let us know how it goes. And thanks for letting us know what's out there.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

Its pretty cutting edge and makes back and neck surgery so much less invasive. My father had it on his back, after he'd had 2 previous Fusions on his back and a Fusion on his neck. He was up and his normal self in no time. his pain was well controlled and the scar was very small.

How about yu? Have you gotten good results from your Rhizotomy? Is your back and neck pain better.
akacountrygirl
akacountrygirl

Hi OlderCPer. It hasn't been quite a week yet but yes so far my pain level has gone from an 8 to about 1. Would highly recommend it to anyone with severe anxiety/back pain. Much love.
MaddyfromOz
MaddyfromOz

It's great to hear that your pain levels have dropped so much, I'm so happy for you! I really hope you continue to see improvement, good luck. Regards Maddy
akacountrygirl
akacountrygirl

Now I have had both sides done. I had no pain the day after; however, I was told to expect some soreness for a wk afterwards.

It's been almost 3 weeks and I am feeling so good. I have some of my energy back and I am able to get some things done. Last night I was sore all over but I think I overdid things the day before.

I would recommend this TX to anyone with back pain. Just be SURE The Doctor Uses a Fluoroscope. (like an x-ray) where they can see exactly where to do the procedure. Some docs just guess and inject you,,,and that is not how it is done. Best wishes to all.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • JeongeunKim

Josef M. Penninger

The basic approach of the Penninger group is to genetically manipulate and change genes in mice and to determine the effects of these mutations on the development of the whole organism and in diseases. His group has also developed new models in flies to model diseases at the whole genome level and compare such models with human SNP maps. From these studies, the team is trying to establish basic...
  • Blue_123

What should I do?

A couple of weeks ago I had this guy friend, we'd been friends for about a month at this point and I had this friend that was a girl, we'd been friends for 5 years. What happened was this guy friend asked me to have sex with him and when I declined he made me feel bad for saying no and my that girl friend kept trying badgering me to do it until I agreed. She knew I didn't want to and he knew I...