Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

2 Online

New to the group

Hey guys, I'm new to this group, but not to DS. I suffer from severe chronic pain due to endometriosis and pelvic floor dysfunction. The only thing that I've found works for me right now is cbd oil. Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself a bit :) What are some things that help you guys with your chronic pain?

Replies

Tracy
Tracy

Hello.
I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in my right foot and leg. It is a severe pain disease. I used to take CBD and one edible indica marijuana cookie at bedtime each night. It really helped with the pain and spasms and helped me with sleep.
Taking the marijuana at bedtime kept me from feeling the high of the THC.
Prescription painkillers did not help my pain at all. The only thing that helped is the marijuana.
I was on crutches for a year after the accident the caused the Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Because of the marijuana I started walking again. It was a process walking again. I have been walking again a year.
I stopped the marijuana the beginning of May this year due to me developing Serotonin Syndrome (Toxicity).
Surprising I am doing well without the pot.
I take Gabapentin for pain. I Started taking gabapentin after the accident that caused the CRPS. I also take Pristiq for Fibromyalgia pain. I have also discovered that Benadryl at night helps with sleep and pain. I only take the antihistamine at bedtime.
I'm glad that you are finding relief from CBD.
I hope you feel better soon.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

I had Endometriosis, the only thing that cured it was a Hysterectomy, that was 11 yrs ago. It was not fun and had lots of other issues and complications to deal with, but I don't miss the Endo and all it's crap. Have you ever considered a surgical option for the Endo or is it not that progressed yet?

I've got Chronic Pain from several different sources/diseases and use a combination of medications and physical therapies, mainly pool therapy as my joints don't work well and being in the "weight offset" of the water. I've been doing this for 31 years now so its just life for me, don't really remember what it was like before anymore....

Welcome to the quiet world of the CP Board.
Joneszayyy
Joneszayyy

Thank you both for your feedback :)
Sly
Sly

Indica strain marijuana works for severe abdominal pain! Just keep smoking until the pain is gone!
Nanayaya
Nanayaya

Hi,
I've been in Pain Management since knee surgery back in 2010. Knee pain got worse, I was diagnosed with both Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Spinal Stenosis, a herniated disc and a bulging disc along with disc dessication. Dr told me my facet injections should relieve some of my pain and it's back now after only three weeks. The bursitis in my hips are unbeatable and the arthritis in my left hand is extremely painful. I've needed a total knee replacement for a few years now. Because of all my chronic pain issues, I've been putting it off. I'm taking ER Morphine 30mg 2x day, Oxycodone 15 mg for breakthrough pain. Some Diclofenec for imflammation, Zanaflex muscle relaxers. I get steroid injections in my hands, hips & knee which helps sometimes up to two months.
I went off all pain meds for five months and now the pain has increased and I'm back on everything just to cope.
I can relate to your pain. Some days I do nothing.
A2Z10
A2Z10

I was just diagnosed with pelvic floor disorder. I suffered horrible pain for almost six years going from doctor to doctor trying to find out what was causing it. I was given a hysterectomy that didn't help, had back injections, even injections up my vaginal canal. I was so desperate I even had the pain sensory nerve in my spine cut which could have paralyzed me. It didn't work. I even tried two different nuro stimulators which did help interstitial cystitis but not the horrible pain that felt like a baseball bat up my rectum twenty four hours a day everyday for over five years. Thirty five years ago I had my colon and rectum removed because of ulcerative colitis. It took a year and four operations on my rectum before it healed.
The last year all I did was lay on the sofa and cry. I went to bed at 5:00 everyday just to escape the pain. Until finally a doctor friend searched around and found a doctor that thought she knew what was wrong. Pelvic floor disorder. After two rounds of Botox injections into the pelvic muscles the pain is over fifty percent better. I'm in physical therapy that helps more every week. My legs went numb last year and it was discovered I had Pars syndrome which is where the lowest vertebra in the spine does not fuse in the womb. It was literally in two pieces so nerves were sliding in between the bones and being compressed. In November i had two huge screws and a metal plate put in my back. My legs got better and in October I got the spinal surgery. After that my legs felt a little numb again but the feeling came back. But then in March my right foot went numb and started feeling like it was vibrating and then the whole leg started feeling like it is wrapped to tight in an ace bandage. Now it hurts to walk on my foot. Sometimes I wake up with terrible cramp in my leg. The back doctor did imaging to see if any nerves were pinched but it didn't show any. Between this and the flare up of my interstitial cystitis I'm once again trapped at home.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • karaaaa.03

friends

so i have this guy friend. he’s my best friend, and he says i’m one of his. he used to tell me that i was his best friend. his previous crush, one of my friends, has gotten closer to him and he calls her his best friend. it breaks my heart. he acts like my best friend over texting, but he literally acts like i don’t exist in public. i’ve hung out at his house a few times. i do like him...
  • Mypigjava

Needs to stop

I'm not doing well lately... I think I could cope with the depression if it was just depression but the suicidal thinking really makes it hard to cope with. Suicidality and self harm is really making it difficult. I want to step up my journaling with some really good insights, like good questions to ask myself but I can't think of any...