Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

1 Online

New to the group

Hey guys, I'm new to this group, but not to DS. I suffer from severe chronic pain due to endometriosis and pelvic floor dysfunction. The only thing that I've found works for me right now is cbd oil. Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself a bit :) What are some things that help you guys with your chronic pain?

Replies

Tracy
Tracy

Hello.
I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in my right foot and leg. It is a severe pain disease. I used to take CBD and one edible indica marijuana cookie at bedtime each night. It really helped with the pain and spasms and helped me with sleep.
Taking the marijuana at bedtime kept me from feeling the high of the THC.
Prescription painkillers did not help my pain at all. The only thing that helped is the marijuana.
I was on crutches for a year after the accident the caused the Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Because of the marijuana I started walking again. It was a process walking again. I have been walking again a year.
I stopped the marijuana the beginning of May this year due to me developing Serotonin Syndrome (Toxicity).
Surprising I am doing well without the pot.
I take Gabapentin for pain. I Started taking gabapentin after the accident that caused the CRPS. I also take Pristiq for Fibromyalgia pain. I have also discovered that Benadryl at night helps with sleep and pain. I only take the antihistamine at bedtime.
I'm glad that you are finding relief from CBD.
I hope you feel better soon.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • mysensitiveheart

no reason to hang on !!

i have 2 forms of PTSD , one which keeps me from driving .. i live w/ a man who i doubt loves me anymore . he shows me a miniscule of attention and rarely speaks to me .. i m in severe chronic pain from too many issues to list . have lost all interest in the world , have no interests , hobbies and hardly a friend & just a tiny bit of family .. i have been on ssdi for eons since a near death auto...
  • 4everyoung1

Ketamine

Hello everyone,  I am wondering if anyone has heard of using Ketamine infusions to decrease fibromyalgia pain ?  I hadn't heard of it until today !  Any input would be appreciated.  Prayers for a pain free day for you all.