Breastfeeding Support Group

While breastfeeding is recommended by many doctors, it is not as simple as it seems. This is a community dedicated to parents who are choosing to breastfeed, providing a safe place to discuss everything from pumping, to questions of whether baby is getting enough, weaning, breast care, scheduling, supply, and more.

0 Online
  • AEN0803

new mom with 2 week old

Before getting pregnant I had a plan set in my mind that I would be a stay at home mom and exclusively breastfeed. I am now home with my two week old and I feel like I am at my wits end and suddenly have a different outlook. I truly thought I would enjoy breastfeeding more than I do and it breaks my heart to feel like it's not for me. The more the days pass I consider exclusively pumping just so...
  • Tandie7

TTC while breastfeeding

Hello I want to TTC again I have a almost 11 month old and I breastfeed only and I I have no af and I don't ovulate..I don't want to ween yet ...I know if I did ween I would get af and ovulate..but I don't want to ..I want to try this time with having to ween. I heard that vitex works really well and will help me ovulate..I have a friend who took 3 in the am and 8 days later ovulated and she did...
  • toshi

HELP with breastfeeding

I have a two about to be 3 month old and have dried up and only getting very little I use to get like 4 oz out of each breast now I'm just getting a few drops are there any thing to help I'm taking mothers milk tea once a day and fenugreek 2pills 3* a day what else could I do
  • deleted_user

Breastfeeding in public

I have been breastfeeding since my baby been born. Now my child is 1yrs.old and sometime I feel the negative tension society while i breastfeed in public. Now to be honest with you it really doesn't affect me at all,but when someone may make comments.I tend to a little sensitive with my feelings. I am going to continue breastfeeding until my son gets 3 yrs.old. Now to all you supporters out...
  • Birdie13

Should public places have breastfeeding room

I would love to know people's take on having public places has rooms for breastfeeding mothers. I recently went to a mall in my neighborhood and they have a seperate breastfeeding room in the bathroom that has a chair and changign table. I got to nurse my baby in privacy and she and I both were comfortable. It was great! I think other places should follow suit. Does anyone agree??
  • Birdie13

Getting pregnant and breastfeeding

Hello all! Have any of you gotten pregnant while breastfeeding? I am try to get pregnant and wondering if I have to wean my daughter who is 7 months old. I am getting mixed information about weaning or not. Looking for some feedback and experinces from others! Thanks!
  • Birdie13

New Mommy needs sleep at night

Hello Everyone!! I am new to not only the online support group, but to being a mom as well. My daughter is 7 months old and I am so in love :) The problem is she gets up twice a night to nurse, and sometimes it is even more than that. In the day she goes 4 hours without nursign and is jsut fine.  I also give her solids once a day. She is not very intrested in the solid food though. Does anyone...
  • Dapple2708

Nipple Shields

hey,anyone here used nipple shields? My LO is 8 weeks old and apart from 2 weeks when I exclusively pumped I've breastfed since birth.He came early and I was given diamorphine so he was VERY sleepy and weak and wasn't able to latch properly. A midwife suggested using a nipple shield, which was an absolute god send at the time but now I want to stop using them.My nipples are pretty flat and every...
  • degbe7

Hello I am New!

Hi!My name is Brittany and I am brand new to the group! I have so many questions and I am so happy to have found a support group for my breastfeeding journey. I currently have a 7 month old, McKenna, she will be 8 months old soon and I have no idea how many times a day I am supposed to be feeding her or what is going on. I am currently reading the Moms on Call book which helps give me a schedule...
  • deleted_user

supplements to increase milk supply

Hey Ladies,Have any of you ever used a supplement to increase your milk supply? and did it work? I have had a blocked duct for a day and a half in my right breast, and a very sore bleeding nipple on my left breast, so I have been taking a break from pumping and nursing to let myself heal. My husband helped me get the duct unblocked, and my other nipple is on the mend, so I tried pumping, but I...
  • andi0828

Breastfeeding art

I am very pro breastfeeding and have worked on a few pictures which are posted to my profile. Just wanted to share the beauty I it all.
  • jfv9f0

Always starving

I am constantly hungry after breast feeding like i haven't eaten all day.. i am trying to shed some pounds but can't do so with the constant eating.. has anyone else experienced this and what did you do?
  • jfv9f0

Milk Blister

Hi everyone I am new here just found this group today.. I have been to the doctor and have been told I have a milk blister on my breast, any suggestions on how to unclog?
  • jfv9f0

help

I am exclusively breastfeeding but started my period today did I do something wrong is everything still ok I was told when your breastfeeding you wont get your period
  • deleted_user

No one ever tells you...

I have joined the la leche league site and ask questions on the forums there every now and again and those ladies are great; however, I don't feel like I can ever just vent there. Background: I'm married and have a beautiful 9 almost 10 month old baby girl. She has been breastfed from day one. She has only had formula twice (once int he hospital when they said my colostrum wasn't satisfying her -...