Breastfeeding Support Group

While breastfeeding is recommended by many doctors, it is not as simple as it seems. This is a community dedicated to parents who are choosing to breastfeed, providing a safe place to discuss everything from pumping, to questions of whether baby is getting enough, weaning, breast care, scheduling, supply, and more.

0 Online
  • alenamiy

27 weeks pregnancy

I am 27 weeks pregnant and all my friends tell me that when they were 27 weeks pregnant the movements of their babies were strong, they felt it a lot of times during the day, practically every 10 minutes. But I don’t feel the same – I feel the movements of my baby, but not so much and often as they say. I’ve read some information about 27th week of pregnancy here but I still need an advice...
  • alenamiy

methods of induced lactation

The main thing for a successful lactation is a strong desire of the mother and everyone knows about the importance of breastfeeding. Here are some methods of induced lactation and tips on the stimulation of lactation. I hope that it will be useful for you!
  • RoseM97

Hello mommies!

For anyone interested in a mommy support group on facebook, i have one that is very supportive and 100% drama FREE!!! if you are interested, please click this link; https://www.facebook.com/groups/113781919317477/OR search for "Mamas United
  • AEN0803

new mom with 2 week old

Before getting pregnant I had a plan set in my mind that I would be a stay at home mom and exclusively breastfeed. I am now home with my two week old and I feel like I am at my wits end and suddenly have a different outlook. I truly thought I would enjoy breastfeeding more than I do and it breaks my heart to feel like it's not for me. The more the days pass I consider exclusively pumping just so...
  • Tandie7

TTC while breastfeeding

Hello I want to TTC again I have a almost 11 month old and I breastfeed only and I I have no af and I don't ovulate..I don't want to ween yet ...I know if I did ween I would get af and ovulate..but I don't want to ..I want to try this time with having to ween. I heard that vitex works really well and will help me ovulate..I have a friend who took 3 in the am and 8 days later ovulated and she did...
  • toshi

HELP with breastfeeding

I have a two about to be 3 month old and have dried up and only getting very little I use to get like 4 oz out of each breast now I'm just getting a few drops are there any thing to help I'm taking mothers milk tea once a day and fenugreek 2pills 3* a day what else could I do
  • deleted_user

Breastfeeding in public

I have been breastfeeding since my baby been born. Now my child is 1yrs.old and sometime I feel the negative tension society while i breastfeed in public. Now to be honest with you it really doesn't affect me at all,but when someone may make comments.I tend to a little sensitive with my feelings. I am going to continue breastfeeding until my son gets 3 yrs.old. Now to all you supporters out...
  • Birdie13

Should public places have breastfeeding room

I would love to know people's take on having public places has rooms for breastfeeding mothers. I recently went to a mall in my neighborhood and they have a seperate breastfeeding room in the bathroom that has a chair and changign table. I got to nurse my baby in privacy and she and I both were comfortable. It was great! I think other places should follow suit. Does anyone agree??
  • Birdie13

Getting pregnant and breastfeeding

Hello all! Have any of you gotten pregnant while breastfeeding? I am try to get pregnant and wondering if I have to wean my daughter who is 7 months old. I am getting mixed information about weaning or not. Looking for some feedback and experinces from others! Thanks!
  • Birdie13

New Mommy needs sleep at night

Hello Everyone!! I am new to not only the online support group, but to being a mom as well. My daughter is 7 months old and I am so in love :) The problem is she gets up twice a night to nurse, and sometimes it is even more than that. In the day she goes 4 hours without nursign and is jsut fine.  I also give her solids once a day. She is not very intrested in the solid food though. Does anyone...
  • Dapple2708

Nipple Shields

hey,anyone here used nipple shields? My LO is 8 weeks old and apart from 2 weeks when I exclusively pumped I've breastfed since birth.He came early and I was given diamorphine so he was VERY sleepy and weak and wasn't able to latch properly. A midwife suggested using a nipple shield, which was an absolute god send at the time but now I want to stop using them.My nipples are pretty flat and every...
  • degbe7

Hello I am New!

Hi!My name is Brittany and I am brand new to the group! I have so many questions and I am so happy to have found a support group for my breastfeeding journey. I currently have a 7 month old, McKenna, she will be 8 months old soon and I have no idea how many times a day I am supposed to be feeding her or what is going on. I am currently reading the Moms on Call book which helps give me a schedule...
  • deleted_user

supplements to increase milk supply

Hey Ladies,Have any of you ever used a supplement to increase your milk supply? and did it work? I have had a blocked duct for a day and a half in my right breast, and a very sore bleeding nipple on my left breast, so I have been taking a break from pumping and nursing to let myself heal. My husband helped me get the duct unblocked, and my other nipple is on the mend, so I tried pumping, but I...
  • andi0828

Breastfeeding art

I am very pro breastfeeding and have worked on a few pictures which are posted to my profile. Just wanted to share the beauty I it all.
  • jfv9f0

Always starving

I am constantly hungry after breast feeding like i haven't eaten all day.. i am trying to shed some pounds but can't do so with the constant eating.. has anyone else experienced this and what did you do?