Breakups & Divorce Support Group
Just broke up with someone or in the midst of a difficult divorce? Breaking up is difficult no matter what the circumstances are. They say that time heals all wounds, but sometimes a listening ear or a hug can work wonders for the heart. Whether you need a place to vent, someone to hold you to No Contact, or need advice about what to do, we're here to help.
Honkwomp
I recall the day I joined this site. I had been married 31 years. I was filled with misery, regret, guilt. I doubted that I would survive another hour, let alone another day. My ex had asked for a divorce.
Really? What did I do, what was wrong with me? My ex got along with every one. It must be me!. Oh, she had a list allright, I never did this, I was too that, do you recall the time..... But they always have a list. They HAVE to ogre-ise you in their own minds so that they can justify the divorce. After all, most times, they gotta find a way to ease their own minds and make it "right" And I am not sayin that I was perfect, only that now I realize that I needed not feel any guilt or self doubt.
The trauma was awful, for days I was on the verge of breaking down, for months I did the whole anti-depressant thing. I NEVER want to go through that again. And I never will, for I am fundamentally changed.
I know now that I can make it on my own thank you. I know that whenever I want someone, I can find someone. There are a ton of people just like me, wanting friends, or even more. There a lots of people for ME, yea and for you too. But you have to be willing to open your eyes
Instead of starting with their outside, try to see their inside. Give everyone a chance who wants to meet you better. Just like body types, minds come in all shapes and sizes. If you want someone who can screw you blind, then by all means, you will need someone fit. But unless your goal is sex, you need to choose folks not base don what they look like, but what they look like inside. Just sayin....
Mostly, whether you are still in the panic stage, or grieving, or finally starting to breathe again, KNOW that you will make it
If you are dying inside, no matter what smile. Smile like someone just slipped you a pill that made you happy. Your mind will eventually follow your face Smile when you want to cry, Every tinme you are alone and the tears come, smile while you cry. I can't say that will work for you, but it sure helped me.
If you are at the stage I was when my ex asked for a divorce, try to make it to the next minute, Then promise yourself that you will see the next minute, and so on. Don't get caught up in "OMG, what am I gonna do this month, how will I ever get by???" Instead just say "Okay, I can make it another minute, I will give that a shot" And for that minute, smile.
Really? What did I do, what was wrong with me? My ex got along with every one. It must be me!. Oh, she had a list allright, I never did this, I was too that, do you recall the time..... But they always have a list. They HAVE to ogre-ise you in their own minds so that they can justify the divorce. After all, most times, they gotta find a way to ease their own minds and make it "right" And I am not sayin that I was perfect, only that now I realize that I needed not feel any guilt or self doubt.
The trauma was awful, for days I was on the verge of breaking down, for months I did the whole anti-depressant thing. I NEVER want to go through that again. And I never will, for I am fundamentally changed.
I know now that I can make it on my own thank you. I know that whenever I want someone, I can find someone. There are a ton of people just like me, wanting friends, or even more. There a lots of people for ME, yea and for you too. But you have to be willing to open your eyes
Instead of starting with their outside, try to see their inside. Give everyone a chance who wants to meet you better. Just like body types, minds come in all shapes and sizes. If you want someone who can screw you blind, then by all means, you will need someone fit. But unless your goal is sex, you need to choose folks not base don what they look like, but what they look like inside. Just sayin....
Mostly, whether you are still in the panic stage, or grieving, or finally starting to breathe again, KNOW that you will make it
If you are dying inside, no matter what smile. Smile like someone just slipped you a pill that made you happy. Your mind will eventually follow your face Smile when you want to cry, Every tinme you are alone and the tears come, smile while you cry. I can't say that will work for you, but it sure helped me.
If you are at the stage I was when my ex asked for a divorce, try to make it to the next minute, Then promise yourself that you will see the next minute, and so on. Don't get caught up in "OMG, what am I gonna do this month, how will I ever get by???" Instead just say "Okay, I can make it another minute, I will give that a shot" And for that minute, smile.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Hugs!
You are proving there is life after divorce.
I guess I got to looking back and I tell you right now, I was .