Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
offbalance
My pdoc changed my anxiety med from Lorazepam to Clonazepam. I'm worried about starting it. I was on Ativan for years but it suddenly stopped working. Maybe I built up tolerance? Has anyone taken Clonazepam? How is it?
Thanks
-offbalance
Thanks
-offbalance
deleted_user
I just got off Ativan and Switched to Klonopin too. Klonopin is longer lasting than Ativan and it really got my anxiety under control/
tats69
Yeah I've been taking klonopin for years and it's longer lasting than xanax and ativan and I think works better for anxiety. I take 1 mg 3x a day most day...sometimes I can get away with less just depends on the day! Good luck with it!!
deleted_user
Clonazepam is Klonopin, the top med in its field. I could not live without it. I have taken it for over 15 years. If I went one day without it I would go ape from anxiety. You get hooked to it for sure, but it does work. Ativan is old school.
deleted_user
the half life on ativan is nine hours and the half life on clonazepam is 16 hours. So, its definitely longer acting.
CarlaBent
I was taking Lorazepam, for anxiety. It helped, but not quite as well as I wished. So the Pdoc switched me to Clonazepam, which I think did a much better job!!!
deleted_user
i took clonazepam for my anxiety and insomnia, and it worked very well. it's a great med.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...