Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
Dalton2016
Haven't been on here for a long time. I quit meds about 4 months ago. The first few weeks were terrible withdrawals and I was all over the place mood wise. Since then I've been great! Then about 1 month ago I started to sleep less and less. I started taking Vistaril, clonidine, and melatonin to help sleep. It worked for the first couple nights fairly decent, but then didn't and all it did would jack up my memory during the daytime. So I quit taking them and now my not sleeping is getting worse. Sleeping in for me is 5 hours of sleep. Usually sleep about 3 hours on average when my body just caves in. I don't know why this is happening and it's really bothering being summer school starts in 2 days! I'm not manic/depressed at all. Been there done that know what it feels like. My brain just isn't having it. I need some tips to sleep without medicine. I want nothing to do with that crap. I used to be very heavily medicated and wouldn't be able to do school. Please help thanks!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

When you stop managing your BP and stop taking your meds then your brain has trouble making all the parts work. Sleep Deprivation is a large part of Un-Managed BP. People often trick themselves into thinking that their doing fine without medication mood/personality wise....but you can't really "miss" the sleep issue.
There are other OTC meds you can try i.e. Melatonin, Valerian Root and Benadryl. Many folks with Mood Disorders use these alone or in conjunction with Prescription sleep meds. The problem is if you've been taking Prescription meds for sleep and you've become tolerant to those, it may be hard to make the lesser OTC's to work.
Good luck and take care,
Kat
....seriously? I don't Do sleep without meds. (and sometimes I don't do sleep With meds, sigh). Gee, I'd like to say things like, Sure! there's this easy way to be Perfectly Fine without meds!....um, but so far I've got zilch.
I know you don't want a whole passel of Mother Hens on here telling you how Silly it is to be without meds.
No, I'm going to tell you how silly it is to go forever without Sleep. (hint,, hint)
But hugggggs, because we Hear you. :/
Perhaps you should get a different shrink. Discuss things with him/her. Perhaps new, diff cocktail of meds can help your BP and sleep.
Good luck
What coping skills are you using? DBT? CBT? Meditation? Support groups? Religion?
Or are you doing no meds, and no brain training or coping skills too?
Wishing you the best - sleep is the indicator of all with bipolar - in my world anyway ((((BIG HUG))))
I hope you'll think about seeing your doc soon.....Big hug for ya....x