Bereavement Support Group
Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.
vader
The 3 young men were out to celebrate high school graduation.The car stalled.Out of nowhere came a repeat dui person who smashed into the back of the car with his suv ,,,killing a lovely boy named Derek and Nick.(I wont use their last names.) But what bothers me is that man who did it is a repeat offender.Why did the seattle prosecuters left him off? This man is dangerous.When I heard the news.I screamed.You see a lovely man whom I grew up was killed 30 years old coming home from the Giants game in New Jersey (where I from)...who did it?He was killed in a head on collision by a drunk driver.Teens...these are the best years of your life.You can do things and wear things that I at 62 would not.You can have fun.But please do not drink and drive.If you are going to drink...please call a cab.If you are going to drink get a designed driver.If you are going to drink....take the bus and if you dont live far...you can walk.Please remember this...These boys who were killed were not drinking they were passengers in the car.And tonight at 62,vader is crying.And tonight at 62,vader is in mourning and I am crying for two lovely people whom I dont know who were victims of a very selfish person.He wanted to drink.ANd now the lives of people are shattered forever.I am inviting Derek and Nicks parents and friends to come to Daily Strength as they begin their bereavement and lets remember this...my old grandfather used to say...ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS.PLEASE REMEMBER THIS.And in one moment,they were gone and I am crying at I write this.And vader is asking anyone who lost anyone this way to write her and I will write back. You see,Larry was a special person.He was Mr.Terrific.And to be gone at an early age like Larry shows me then and now that people will
always do what they think is right..not what they dont think is right.And tonight I extend my hand to the families of Derek and Nick.....lets reach out to them and touch them.They were suppose to graduate tomorrow.In stead the parents are making plans for their funerals.And to the drunk driver......you should go to jail for the rest of your life or if that is too harsh...have your license taken away for life.I am sorry...people who drive drunk are putting other lives at stake.Brad was arrested for drunk driving in 2007.He spend time in jail in 2008.He was there for one month.ANd how Brad is dead.....Brad went to 12 different rehabs and this is why I am asking this driver to think of what he did.Lets show compassion for Derek and Nick..not the driver.......and today I am thinkig of that wonderful smile I miss.Larry..I will always care for you and Bubba..I miss you.Vader and the cats.......dont drive and drive!
always do what they think is right..not what they dont think is right.And tonight I extend my hand to the families of Derek and Nick.....lets reach out to them and touch them.They were suppose to graduate tomorrow.In stead the parents are making plans for their funerals.And to the drunk driver......you should go to jail for the rest of your life or if that is too harsh...have your license taken away for life.I am sorry...people who drive drunk are putting other lives at stake.Brad was arrested for drunk driving in 2007.He spend time in jail in 2008.He was there for one month.ANd how Brad is dead.....Brad went to 12 different rehabs and this is why I am asking this driver to think of what he did.Lets show compassion for Derek and Nick..not the driver.......and today I am thinkig of that wonderful smile I miss.Larry..I will always care for you and Bubba..I miss you.Vader and the cats.......dont drive and drive!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Unfortunately, stories like this occur more often that they should. I was a member of SADD-(Students Against Drunk Driving) in High School, and it does sadden me when things like this occurs....everyone should know-(unless they are INCREDIBLY ignorant) that you cannot drink and drive safely. I agree that the laws are sometimes too lenient,and like other crimes repeat offenders are way too common. We should all remember the lesson from this story, especially now that prom and graduation season is upon us. I, too hear of too many stories of young lives cut short by either one of the young people drinking and driving,or anyone drinking and driving,for that matter. What a sad commentary on our society!!
Tom B. aka Ihman
Tom B. aka Ihman
choose the easy way out and for this I am suffering.I owe 1200 for the rent and i cant pay for next month.I am prepared to join the homeless and live on the streets with my cats and put all of my possessions in storage for I am not giving up my cats and I wont.My cats are important to me.I 've had Kramer since 1998 and Tooey since 1999.I have raised them together and they are the best of friends and life without them would be depressing.What should I do? If i give them to the shelter...they would be put to sleep and i would feel terrible about it.So I am taking them with me where ever I GO AND and where ever it may be I hope it is in seattle.
Tom B. aka Ihman
I am SURE the driver, drunk or not, who will now face DUI manslaughter and probably the rest of life behind bars.. will have to sit and think about those boys the rest of his life. No im not feeling sorry for him, only that he couldnt learn sooner, and had to end two lives to learn his lesson.
You even said yourself, brad was a drug user and a DUI offendor himself. It could be any of us. We all make stupid choices. And if he was on MEth, and driving, he's just as bad if not worse than people who drive drunk, or buzzed. Im not asking for compassion for this man, im asking for understanding that its a problem that happens all to often in our country.
That god has our fate planned before we are even born and these expereinces make us who we are along the way.
Tom B. aka ihman
Tom B. aka Ihman
P