Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

5 Online
  • AngelaJo

Heaven has gained a beautiful angel today

Peg lost her fight with cancer at 2am cst today. I knew when her husband called early this morning that was why. She died in his arm with her son holding her as well and her daughter on speaker praying and talking to her she could no longer talk at that point. Once her daughter (she couldnt get there in time several states away) told her she would be okay and that she could let go now, she...
  • Lostwithoutmum

Silly move!

I watched my mums number on my text messages go further and further down the screen as new messages from others have come in. I went in to read them. I have got such a headache from bawling. The positive messages from her the messages of plans of holidays etc to do together. I can't believe she has gone. Each morning i wake up i think oh great here is another day without Mum. Still a lifetime of...
  • OfficerGrandma

My Sibling Never Told the Family she was Terminal

I am having so much difficulty coping with the loss of my sister from breast cancer. She was a nurse and wonderful and loving God fearing person and yet, when she was told that she had terminal cancer in Nov-2015, she decided to hide it from the entire family and we only found out about it Nov-2016 because she had a stroke from one of the tumors pressing down inside her head. The shock from...
  • AngelaJo

Losing a dear friend

I havnet posted on here in years since my husband died 4 1/2 years ago. Now i am watching a dear friend (well from miles apart they are in Mass i am in michigan) die and its killing me. I have known her and her husband whos actually my aa sponsor hes alanon for 12 1/2 years and they are very dear to my heart nad like parents to me. She entered hospice on monday, took awhile to admit she needed...
  • Community LeaderSunCloudJD

Widows and Widowers Group

I just wanted to put up a link for the Widows and Widowers board ....It's a wonderful board for support for people who have tragically lost a life partner https://www.dailystrength.org/group/widows-widowers
  • 19Gracie50

So Very Lost

My husband died 4 days ago and I don't know what I am going to do. I have never been alone. Married at 18. I am now 66 and feel like an orphan. I retired from hospice nursing to take care of him 3 years ago. Sometime I felt so over burdened not being able to get away from the house, but now I wish I had him back to take care of. We attended church before he got so disabled he couldn't go, but I...
  • Kateydid123

What did I do? What was I thinking?

it's been a little over five weeks since I lost my beautiful wife. Weekends are definitely the hardest for me.  During my fun normal life, I was in early riser on the weekends and pretty much  worked around the house and of course  did all the honeydews.  I knew as soon as I woke up today (Saturday)  I felt the loneliness, sadness and like what's the point of even getting up.  My bed faces...
  • flower82

I feel alone

My dad passed away a week ago. My mom passed away not even two years ago. when my mom passed away I wasn't sure how to deal with the loss. I wanted to be strong even though I was hurting inside. I was trying to be strong for my dad since he wasn't in the best health. I became depressed, but kept that to myself. Now my dad is gone as well and I'm feeling all this sadness. All I do is cry and feel...
  • axb1414

Can't cope

I can't cope with death. I have lost my sister, grandma, and a dear teacher who was like a friend and cannot deal with any of them. A few years ago I lost my sister when she was in a car accident. The vehicle she was in was hit off the road and it flipped many times. She was ejected due to the force from flipping and died instantly. I never came to terms with the fact that she is gone and it has...
  • CeltycThundyr

Don't want to go on without my husband.

I'm glad I found this group. I'm hoping it helps. I can't find anything that can stop me from sobbing or even doing every day tasks. My beloved Charles, died a month ago. I just spent 3 weeks in the hospital for failure to thrive and a smashed face. I could't eat, sleep, or do pretty much anything after the whirlwind of the first week or so passed and I was home alone without him. As I have read...
  • kristen1107

getting along with siblings after losing one

Has anyone on here who has lost a sibling notice a significant change in the relationship they have with their other siblings. I am one of five kids, the middle child. Back in March of 2013 i lost my older sister to a staph infection. Since the i notice that my oldest sister and youngest sister kinda grouped together and me and my younger brother grouped together. well now since we are all adults...
  • Bebe629

I miss my mom!

My mama died on May 17, 2017 and I am heartbroken. Mama and I were very close but in the last few years of her life, she suffered from diabetes, strokes, alzheimer's, edema and a UTI. To make matters worse, mama couldn't do anything for herself. I was her caregiver for over two years and I know she appreciated everything I did for her. I wished I was able to do more.  I'll admit caregiving is no...
  • catsien

Living in seclusion after a loss

I am a 50 year old woman and lost the best person I will ever know, my father, a few months ago. I loved him so much  and can't bear to live this life without him. It is so painful that I have not spoken about it. He died of a stroke on a Sunday, i went to work the next day and took one day off as a sick day when I had to pick up his remains after they were cremated the following week. The only...
  • Nikki432

My little cousisn killed himself I blame myself

I don't know where to start since I was 11 year I having been coping with grief I have lost 17 family memebers and friends tgatvwere actually close to me... But this time ibcan4 come to terms my little cousin hung himself this 6 weeks after my my daughters father hung himself.  The thing is my cousin messagede saying he was feeling really bad and needs to talk nd I wasn't there for .  he lost...
  • Lostwithoutmum

Not coping.....

Hi,I have been reading posts for days now and see that people are in similar circumstances as myself. I wish those people my heartfelt sympathies.I am not from UK I was finding it hard to find a group from Aus. I am sorry for the long post now...... not sure where I am heading.I am 36 and have become part of a club I did not want to become part of an Adult orphan! I lost my Mum 2 weeks ago today...