Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

1 Online
1 Online
  • My name is Lucy and I lost my mother to Stage 4 Colon Cancer a little over a year and a half ago. She was 47 and she died about a year after diagnosis. I'm the eldest of her four children and she was a single mother for most of our lives. Needless to say, it was an excruciating and life-shattering loss. I was in school at the time and I trudged on, due to my own expectations and society's...
  • On April 7, 2016, we said good bye to my sister. She valiantly battled breast cancer for 10 years. We were very close. This past Christmas she said to me, "this is what sisters are supposed to be like, sharing everything, raising each other's children, always there, no matter the miles between us." My sister was the most courageous person I have ever known. She started out in this world hearing...
  • My High School Sweetheart from 1970 I lost quickly just this past July. We were married for 41 years. It has only been two weeks since his passing. I am without much family or support. We have three adult children and I am Grandma to two young boys age 1 and 6 years. Our children have turned away from one another rather than love and compassion for each other loosing their Father. He was a...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_r7k7CAUfoWe wrote a song in memory of Davey Joe that just passed away and it really has a great message, “keep your eyes on paradise, this is just a blink in time.” I hope it touches some of you that have lost someone close. Until we see them again
  • Margo

Grieving

I feel very lost and alone so many of my family and close friends have passed away. I was 15 when my Mother died, I had my sister to help me through the emotions that comes along with grief. I was young and had my whole life ahead of me, and I knew my Mother won't want me to stop living. I also buried my first husband, father, grandparents, uncles, aunts, friends, but I was not prepared for the...
  • Emilyann224

When do I go on

The last week has been a blur. I can't help but to feel like I am supposed to greive for my mom forever. I am only 22, all the important things in my life I assumed she'd be here for : my upcoming graduation from college, my wedding, having children. It hurts me to think that she won't be there. I was so close I would be the only one of my siblings to complete a 4 year degree and she was so...
  • Emilyann224

I am new, hello.

I just lost my mom on the 12th. It was sudden and completely unexpected. A little background my parents had been married for 40 years and my dad is a recent amputee. He is devastated and I am as well. My mom was his full time caretaker and I have pretty much stopped my life to step into the role. I worry about him because he has an artery disease. Ontop of greiving for my mom, who was my best...
  • My husband passed away March 24th and I don't know how to go through life without him. He was the love of my life and without him I feel so lost. I also am raising my daughter by myself.
  • texasmom0814

First Entry 7/17/16

I am 25, full time college student, a mother of two sons, and married to a recently unemployed husband (not the root of my problems, but it doesn't make it any easier). I lost my mother in march to cancer, she was my best friend, and partner in crime. She was in remission when the cancer came back and it took her very quickly within 2 months actually. I have had the hardest time handling it. I...
  • I have finalized some more arrrangements this last couple of days:1) The estate sale begins in 3 days.2) I will sign paperwork and sell dad's car tomorrow.3) Today I confirmed arrangement to spread mom's and dad's ashes at sea. It will be done in about 6 weeks.4) Yesterday I arranged for final repair work on dad's house so that it will (hopefully) sell faster.Once all of this is done, I'm...
  • Mitzi

RIP Mickey

I had a friend named Mickey who had been battling lung cancer. Well I messaged her a few months back asking how it was going and she told me that she'd be going through kemo therapy soon. I tried to message her the next day and I didn't get a response. I looked on her social media and her friends told all her followers that Mickey had died over night. She seemed so happy when I was talking to...
  • culda

It's not working!

All I get in response to queries about the problems on the site are auto-replies and nothing changes. Our privacy is gone and we have no control ove rsho can see our posts and journals and the site absolutely does not work. They need to give us the ability to delete our account and remove all trace of our participation.
  • The migration did not go smoothly at all. The development team has been given a LOT of feedback about the problems and issues that need serious attention.They have said that missing content (ie ancient posts being moved over where recent posts got ignored) will be copied over. They have not said when.There are a lot of other issues that they said would be addressed, and that they are addressing...
  • jersusluvsusall07

July 4th

July 4thI just lost my best freeing who was like a 2nd fathers to me and it's been 7 years since his passing and I remember his graveside service snd when it came it time to place a rose on his casket I accidentally dropped snot on his casket and the look on his wife's widow I was mortified and I have not forgiven myself ever since and I've been crying over ever sing that reminds me of him and...
  • In loving memory of John Charles Care. You were my best friend, my confidant, my support, my strength and just plain the best person I've ever known. You were also my 2nd father and the things you went out of your way to help me get through difficult times and you always took a loving caring gentle understanding soul. When my step dad and I were at your grave we both had to embrace eachother for...