Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

0 Online
  • So this....this is a long story. A year ago last July my mom passed away. It was sudden, unexpecred, and happened while I was living halfway across the world. My husband and I flew home, theb returned and on October of that same year I found out I was pregnant. When I was entering my second trI'm Ester of pregnancy, I started noticing heart palpitations. They came out as nothing to worry about....
  • SN1507

Grieving boyfriend

My boyfriend of 5 years recently lost his mother to a suicide after she lost a battle to depression.  Since then my whole life has changed.  Her death Also affected me more than I thought.  We were close but I have never lost anyone to a suicide before.  Our lives are not the same.  My boyfriend and I had so many plans all of which are gone or seem to faraway to even dream about any more ....
  • GSO57

Lost

Its 9 weeks today that my husband lost his battle with cancer. I was so busy trying to fight his battle with him, that even at the end I wasn't prepared for it. My world has ended and I am searching for people who can understand and not judge me. 
  • My father in law passed away suddenly on April 8th of this year. Then my dad passed away suddenly from a heart attack on September 17. Before this the last time I had faced a major death was 20 years ago when I was 9. Over the last few years I have lost a few dear friends.  It is different trying to deal with the death of a family member. I am having a hard time dealing with this. I had to deal...
  • jimer54

Looking for something

Hi folks,I lost my mother in 1985. She had a aneurysm. This post is about that and what it did to me.Before my mothers death, she was diagnosed with leukemia and was on some sort of a chemo regimen. When this news was first told to me (1981) I was devastated. I cried and and had a hard time dealing with it because I thought it meant certain death. Well, she didn't die from the leukemia and...
  • Community LeaderThePepperMan

Doing pictures

OK, mom died 2 years ago, dad 1.  So I am finally scanning pictures.  It is LONG WORK!  I did an ablum from one of their trips.  By time I got to the last 50 pictures (more or less) I checked and it takes me about a minute to scan a picture!  My scanner can scan multiple pictures at once, but it needs to do a prescan to figure out where each picture is.At this rate I should be done by early...
  • Erykah

I am NOT okay...

I lost my daddy a year ago, and just lost my mom a month ago.  I've been walking around with that fake smile and acting like I am okay, but today it all came to a head.  I got a flat tire, and I had a meltdown.  It was not the flat tire that I was so upset about, I am tired of acting like everything is fine.  I have always been the strong one, and now both of my parents are gone, I have no...
  • pink

Lost

I'm new to the group. My husband was on his way to work May 23rd when he had an accident in his truck, unfortunately he passed away. I've gone through all the what ifs and nothing makes since. His birthday was 2days before, he turned 45. I'm 41. We have an 19 and 18 yr old daughter and an 11 yr old son. We lost our 19 yr old son in an accident 2 yrs ago. So to say the least, I'm lost! After...
  • Dad's house should close escrow this week.  So far the buyer has been very annoying.  It turns out he took the relestate license exam and passed it.  He felt that entitled him to get into the lock box and get the key and go into dad's house when ever he wanted!  My wife and I found his wife and mother there one sunday, and they indicated they had been there all week. He felt entitled.Imagine...
  • dothework

Griefshare

I found the Griefshare meeting to be very helpful.  I intend to go again next week.dothework
  • I feel a little better today so it reminded me of this song that I listen to when I need to remind myself of all the beautiful memories that the people I miss in my life have left for me so i am sharing it with you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ1BdMtw_Q The song talks about time passing by and how we somehow remember all the good memories someone has left with us, and when I look back on...
  • dothework

Grief

I'm new.  My husband committed suicide almost a year ago.  At first I was in so much denial I didn't think I needed counseling.  I've been going to grief therapy and tonight I'm going to go to a Grief Share group.  There isn't any rule book for getting through this, but I definitely agree with my therapist about one thing for sure - when you start to cry, don't shut down.  Cry as much as you...
  • I do apologize if I seem to be quiet, I have been wanting to talk, but to be quite honest I am not too sure who I should be talking to. I do go for counseling, and I seek the spiritual counsel of a clergy member from my church-both of whom I will hopefully get to talk to next week. I have shut myself down emotionally. That is how some folks want it, and so that is what I need to do. 
  • Janine78

21 ... she'd be 21 soon, my Angel, my baby, my daughter.she was born prematurely... so tiny, so frail. But so loved & so wanted by me.my whole childhood I fantasised about having a daughter.it wasn't meant to bemy dreams are not meant to bei'm not supposed to be happy or have an ever afteri wonder so much about my beautiful girl, who she'd  be, what she'd think of meshe died in my arms on the...
  • mydadmyworld

My Dad, My Heart

Tomorrow will mark 3 months since my Dad's passing and I am so heart broken. He passed just three weeks after being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. My husband is an alcoholic and has gotten worse since my dads passing, which consumes me and doesn't give me the opportunity to grieve.My dad was my heart! He was the only person on this earth that made me feel better just by being near me. I...