Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

2 Online
  • lostsoul72

Anger, Anger everywhere

I really need help here. For those of you that dont know my story I will try to sum it up. My brother killed himself Christmas day 2011 and left a 7 year old son. My brothers wife was cheating on him with another woman and left him for her so they were legaly divorced for about 8 months before he killed himself.  She went and took everything he owned in the name of their son and I know she has...
  • Deveres-Girl

Time to reach out for help

I have not shared my story because I was afraid no one could possibly understand...until I read the last post (which I am greatful to have read, but deaply saddened to hear I am not the only soul left lost due to this overwhelmingly tramatic surcumstance). On October 7th my husband shot and killed himself right in front of me. It is the most devastating, traumatic, sad, lost, confusing, and...
  • Allyj1124

My Fiancee

Two weeks ago my fiancee shot himself in front of me and died 24 hours later. I havent had to deal with something like this ever and I just need help coping with every emotion that Im feeling. I dont know how to deal with his loss and my eating and sleeping have become non existent. I need help
  • NikkiMc94

My beloved Nana & grandad

A few years ago I lost my grandad to cancer, devastated I was and now on the 3rd February this year, I was heartbroken to learn that my dear Nana has sadly lost her battle with cancer too. I'm trying to hold myself together for the sake of my family, but I can't do this anymore. I feel like I have no one and her funeral is next week. I'm struggling, but I keep a smile on my face for my family.
  • Enchantress1821

My Best Friend

When I met you i didn't think I was going to last long as being your health aide. I had no clue how to take care of a man who had epilepsy. I took the job to make some money and go to college. It wasn't until I realize this person was more than just a job, he was my friend. Soon as years past, he became one of my best friends. It was no longer a job to take care of him. It was no longer just a...
  • Nienna92

My Grandmother Died Tonight

I just found out tonight that my grandmother died. She lived 4 hours away from me, so I couldn't be with her. She was my father's mother. Ironically, the anniversary of my father's death was on the 13th of February. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now. 
  • Kim1734

How to find happiness again

It's been almost 7 months since my father passed. I still cry a couple times every day and miss him so much. It's still hard to believe that it's real. I know everyone's experiences are different and people grieve differently, but how have others known thay they started to "accept" it and started living their life somewhat the way it was before, of course being a new normal. I find myself feeling...
  • Brianna72

I miss my mom

I miss my mom so much every single day.  I love her so much. I need her so much right now because I'm in the hospital. I'm broke my wrist and December right before she died and then was supposed to have surgery in January but I had a skin infection and the surgery was postponed for three weeks.  I finally had the surgery on February 2nd but then two weeks later I developed an infection in my...
  • pattip123

Loss of my best friend

I am new to the site , My husband passed away November 28, 2016, it was very unexpected and my world fell apart, I feel completely lost without him. We were together for 36 years since we were 16. I don't know how to go on without him, we were at such a good place in our lives. He loved life and his grandchildren, he was such a good man and my best friend. I just don't know what to do or how to...
  • bluebell

How did you cope?

With the physical sensations of grief, and the feeling that a part of you has also died?
  • WRJD

Confused

I lost my wife almost three years ago. She died suddenly and it was a real shock to me and our son who was 11 at the time.  I have since come to realize that I am not built to go through this life without a partner. I began trying online dating and a few months ago I met a wonderful woman. She has been reat for me. She helped me pack up a bunch of my wife's clothes and we donated them to a...
  • Larance

I lost my granddaughter 1-22-17

I lost my only granddaughter in January the day she turned a month old. I feel terrible and hurt and empty inside. I feel so many things and none of them are good things. I just don't know how to cope:(
  • deleted_user

Why is it hard for me to grieve

Hello all, My brother lost his battle with cancer on the 13th of March this year. He was having to go out of town for treatments,,and I would go almost everytime,,so I could be with him. We would stay at a hotel for about 3 too 4 nights at a time. He had got better,,he and I even got to go fishing once more. God I miss him so.......After finding out that he had cancer,,he wanted me to look up...
  • QueenZ

Feeling Numb,,,

My mommy's birthday is quickly approaching, it's only 3 days away now. My feeling of numbness is increasing. I'm tired...physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I just want to be left alone but then again I want someone to just listen and let me cry. I get tired of holding everything in and pretending like i'm okay. I get tired of forcing a smile. I'm tired of being around people. All I want...
  • megsaid

Lost my Mom and best friend

I'm a mess again. Missing mom so much I can't function properly. Everyone says they understand but they don't. I feel lost in this big world without her. My daughter missed out on knowing how much fun her Nana was. I don't get how people can move on from a loss like this. I know she doesn't want me to be so sad. I know she wants me to live my life. I just don't know how without her. I miss her...