Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

1 Online
  • Angelgirl16

Baby steps

I am new here to this kind of thing and never dreamed at 26 I would be apart of something so heartbreaking.  My mother was found dead by my 23 year old brother back on September 15th 2016. From the looks of it,  and what the coroner had said,  it looked like she went to sleep and never woke up.  This was the worst day of my life.  I was at a loss,  so torn and heart broken, and literally...
  • therisenfirebird91

2nd birthday without my dad

So tomorrow (the 17th) makes the second birthday i will be spending without my dad.  Without him calling me and singing happy birthday in a silly voice.  Oh how i wish I had recorded it somehow.I tried to find myself something for myself, but everything fell short.  Nothing was good enough.  All that will ever be good enough is my dad, he he is no longer here.  I thought I would feel a...
  • Kim1734

6 months since my Dad passed...

I joined this site with hopes of getting advice and knowing how others have dealt with the loss of loved ones. My father passed away 6 months ago in a couple weeks. He was sick my whole life with pancreatitis and over time had more health issues. He unfortunately was a smoker and had COPD. For the last couple of years he was using oxygen and was very frail from minimal appetite. In March he had...
  • Kikijean

Overwhelmed

My Father-in-Law passed away on January 3,2017. He was 83 years old. In the past, he had battled several different types of cancer including throat cancer(he had a voice box), lung cancer, skin cancer and prostate cancer. He battled them all and won. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's several years ago and then he had a stroke about a week 1/2 before he passed away. Up until the last 10 years, my...
  • Community LeaderSunCloudJD

A link to Widows and Widowers Board

I'm just putting up a link for the Widows and Widowers Board ... This is a wonderful and supportive board for anyone who has lost a life partner.... Big hugs....xohttps://www.dailystrength.org/group/widows-widowers
  • 19Gracie50

So Very Lost

My husband died 4 days ago and I don't know what I am going to do. I have never been alone. Married at 18. I am now 66 and feel like an orphan. I retired from hospice nursing to take care of him 3 years ago. Sometime I felt so over burdened not being able to get away from the house, but now I wish I had him back to take care of. We attended church before he got so disabled he couldn't go, but I...
  • TibbyMickey9

Another day.

I'am new here. I have been searching for something to help lift the new weight I carry, a bit easier to tow around. My best friend died on November the 9th and ever since then, my world seems to have stopped. I call her my best friend because people seem to understand that title, but she truly was my soul mate.Her death was ruled a suicide by law enforcement. But I know she didn't take her own...
  • DoveBran

Facebook Private Group

I was thinking of starting a Grief Group on Facebook but do not want to if there is no one interested. Let me know if anyone would be interested and would join
  • Mae71

Confused

My mum died last week and I'm unsure how I'm feeling.  We never got on I had a terrible childhood. She has been ill for a few years and an alcoholic for most of her life. I've tryed helping  but I always got kicked down.  I have other siblings which is is v close to they are grieving bad, vi was there when she died I did cry but now everyone is in bits and I don't no how to feel.  The funeral...
  • fatherless06042002

lost

my daughter died 11 years ago it still hurts no mater how or what I do the though of what she would have done or what she could have done leaves a big question
  • ArillaLynn

Lost...

My grandmother raised me from an infant. September 5th of 2016 I sat beside her in a hospital and watched helplessly as she took her last breath. She had kidney failure and congestive heart failure however she died from an infection. I've been taking care of her for the past three years. Without her I feel so lost and angry. Whenever my life was going wrong, she was there to talk me through it....
  • MaryJ55

New Normal?

I lost my mother November 17th. She had esophageal cancer. It was only four months from the time of her diagnosis. She was 92, and I know she lived a long and good life. I know that, according to my belief system, I will see her again. Still, it was like getting my heart ripped out. It doesn't seem like it's been (almost) two months... I miss her & think of her every day. Christmas was...
  • Brianna72

I lost my mom almost a month ago

These days have been so hard with the holidays.  The last couple days have seemed even harder.  My mother's birthday was today and I'm having such a hard time.  I'm sitting here alone in my house and can't stop thinking about my mother and crying and missing her.   I feel like I'm going insane sometimes because I miss her so much. She was my rock and best friend and my Whole world.   On top...
  • sharetheloss

Life changed in a instant

I recently and expectedly lost my husband of 16 years and best friend for nearly 40 years.He got off a plane and died of a pulimary embolism.  A call from his cell came to my cell. I answered to voice telling me he was dead.in that moment everything changed and it seems like nothing will ever be right  
  • livi9000

Struggling..

I joined this site so I could join an online support group. There aren't too many in my area, and the ones that do exist seem to be exclusive to widows/widowers, or they only occur in the evening which is when I work. I will be seeking individual counseling but will have to wait a bit for my first appt. I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of support from my family, the apathy of my coworkers,...