Bereavement Support Group

Are you grieving the loss of a loved one? Whether you lost someone recently or it's been years, grief and its accompanying emotions can be complicated to cope with. Join our online support group to connect with a supportive group of people who really know how you feel. Help is right here.

4 Online
4 Online
  • crazycajun504

So hard

On July 12th I lost my dad to a massive heart attack. He didn't have heart problems. It was so sudden and unexpected. My mom and sister seem to be holding themselves together but I am a complete mess. I am 34 and he was 63. I feel like I. Was robbed of time with him. I am trying to find local support groups but so far no luck. Any suggestions on something that could help with the pain and...
  • ellosteve

Struggling

Used to be a member a long time ago but was doing better until Friday.Have you ever loved someone but thought they didn't feel the same way? You lose contact and move on, then years later you get back in contact and it turns out that they felt the same way? And still do?The man I spent years in love with but was too scared to tell him died on Thursday morning, but I didn't find out until Friday...
  • I wish they would include real dates on posts. I may want to come back to this post a year from now to see how I'm doing and where I was.We spread my parent's ashes today. Mom and dad, went out to sea from a marina where the family started a lot of SCUBA trips in the past.It was very low key compared to a funeral, and I liked it that way. There were 10 of use, mostly family and close friends...
  • Susieq

Not easy

I lost my Mom 2 years ago and it still isn't getting easier. I cry every day for her. Thank you
  • Emilyann224

It has been 1 month

Today marks the first month without my mom. I want time to stop because I don't want it to be a year or ten that I haven't gotten a hug from my mom, or heard her laugh. I miss her more than I knew I could miss anything we were so close it was ridiculous. I am already a wreck today and I just got up. I got a new job offer too, but I can't even get myself to call the people back. I have put my...
  • Next friday will be one year since dad died. This Sunday, 2 days from "now", we scatter his and mom's ashes at sea.
  • THE PROBLEM THAT I AM HAVING IS THAT EXACTLY ONE YEAR TODAY I GAVE BIRTH TO MY DAUGHTHER. SHE WAS STILLBORN. I DONT KNOW HOW TO COPE WITH THIS TRAGEDY AND ITS KILLING ME. I HAVE TWO OTHER SMALL CHILDREN TO TAKE CARE OF AND ITS HARD TO BE A GOOD MOTHER TO THEM WITH ALL OF THIS GRIEF. I DONT HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO BECAUSE NO ONE HAS REALLY WENT THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH. IT FEELS LIKE EVERYONE...
  • kmmclaren

My dad was murdered

Friday April 22nd 2016, i went to the grocery store and came home to find out my sister and mom found my dad dead in the kitchen of their apartment which was a few apartments down from mine. My dad was shot and they still haven't found out who did it or why. My family moved to a different state from me and my husband and our two boys. Here I am dealing with this alone.
  • hi guysI'm in this forum just to see if anyone has issues like me.. I lost my stepdad and mom thirteen days apart last October.. One from a sudden heart attack, the other a sudden stroke.. I've been on numb for almost nine months, and now it is all coming out, especially with my mom.. I am bipolar and borderline, in remission for years, and had a " dysregulated emotional episode. I've been clean...
  • EmmaRose88

Lost my grandma

I lost my last grandparent on 7/11. I'm at a loss for words. I have a very stressful job. Not sure how to cope. I feel as if I'm drowning between grief and work. No spouse to lean on not even a boyfriend. Feel as if I'm dying of a broken heart. One thing I know is that she is not in pain. Just sucks.
  • GSO57

Lost

Its 9 weeks today that my husband lost his battle with cancer. I was so busy trying to fight his battle with him, that even at the end I wasn't prepared for it. My world has ended and I am searching for people who can understand and not judge me.
  • When I was 13 I was raped by my uncle and I got pregnant and when I was about 3 months along he found out and couldn't let it slip that he was still raping me so he beat the baby out of me. I know it's been 23 years but those pieces just came together a few days ago and I'll be damned if it doesn't seem like yesterday!Now here's the hard part.....When I was 17 I was kidnapped, held hostage and...
  • I'm not new to DS but a friend of mine told me to join a group for grief. So, okay, here goes.I've suffered the loss of two babies (I'll get into that some time later) and that's what brings me here. I have always known about one but I just found out about the other. I have multiple personalities and one of my Little Girls told my therapist about the loss of one of my babies. That knowledge has...
  • Hello. 3months ago my mum passed suddenly of a heart attack. She was 46 and my heart, soul and life. She was honestly the greatest person I have ever met, so kind and caring and wonderful and I can't see past this. I know loosing a parent is natural but so suddenly? And at her age? I just can't accept it. Im so angry and upset I feel sometimes like my body is going to implode with pain. My dad is...
  • My dad's house hit the market a couple of weeks ago. We had a sign on it for months, but that was more like a "coming attractions" thing. We got 2 offers right off the bat, with a couple more expected in. Then the offers were withdrawn, and the expected ones backed out.Sigh, guess it was not going to be a simple thing after all.