Anxiety Support Group
Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate...
One of the issues we have with physical disabilities is having to find a combination of medicine, therapy, and treatment maintenance that works for our specific normal daily living activities.
I am taking a small amount of zoloft to reduce the effect of acute anxiety spikes affecting my normal daily living activities.
I sat down, wrote out all the physical symptoms, the things I was doing to make myself better, and what I wanted from the visit with the doctor.
I have had to do this to help my self, since I know my medical history the best.
The doctor is part of your team.
You are not alone.
One important factor that will help you determine your decision is to know exactly what type of maintenance visit schedule your doctor wants you on, how the telephone consults will be handled, and what options are available with the switches in medicine.
All too often, I have found that switching medicine adds to the existing side effects from the medicine I stopped, so I have added a lot of water when anxiety levels spike since dehydration is part of the effect of anxiety.
Hope this helps you.
Best wishes with your healing.
What kind of doctor are you seeing? GPs just do medication. Sounds like you might benefit with some cognitive therapy. Look for a CBT who has the capability to prescribe medication if you need it. Maybe he can recommend someone to work with you.
Wishing you peace and happiness:-)
But at any rate, I definitely wouldn't go back to that doctor. Good luck to you!