Anxiety Support Group
Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate...
alimac2009
I have been gasping for air, like at random, yet consistent intervals, and its like involuntary like an axiety/panic attack. My dad does it but he has COPD, my mom does it but once a month maybe and she says its small panic attacks, I have been doing it A LOT and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if it is, and if I could stop it. I am going to talk to my councilor on Thursday and I'll ask her then if I remember but I dont think she will know.
deleted_user
wish I could help. I get that every now and then and I just have to take slow steady deep breathes till it subsides.
deleted_user
Ive had that too at times.I just try to calm down.I think its anxiety,panic.Talk to your counselor.I wish i could help more.
alimac2009
These things dont last longer than a few seconds though. That is what I am asking about. Its just an involuntary gasp of air that hurts. Leading up to it though is a few minutes of wanting to cry, pain in my chest and then *gasp* and its done. No more pain, no more feeling like crying....
deleted_user
Sounds like what use to happen to me, but keep an eye on it so your sure it's emotional and not asthma attack or breathing problem. Do you know any deep breathing excersises? It sounds like what you are doing is hyperventaliating and that can really feed off itself and make things worse. Do you have a paper bag, because you can breath in and out of a paper bag for a few mintues to get your breathing under control. Try to learn to relax and concentrate on your breathing in and out slowly. Try this and let me know if it helps.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...