Anxiety Support Group
Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate...
Whatever attracted you to your girlfriend, can give you a starting point in just going out around people, observing, moving around, and keeping your space to give you a comfort zone in public.
I have a social phobia, and after changing a few patterns of thinking, I've been able to go out in public on my own, and do some interesting activities, by myself.
Set a goal each day to do something in public, practice in front of the mirror with facial expressions, words that you want to use normally without thinking about (example: hello; I had to practice this one as it came out as "he.." which was not what I wanted it to).
I did not sit down with my partner and talk about it. I took action and let the results speak for themselves. My partner noticed, appreciated the efforts, and we are doing more activities in public.
Take it slow, and know you are not alone. Best wishes.