Anxiety Support Group
Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate...
justme7834
As I sit here contemplating on taking the meds the drs have given me. I have a horrid fear of a lot of things. Meds, sleeping, taking a shower, going to the grocery store. Some things you think I would be scared of don't bother me at all. I have always been scared of meds. I take klonopin but it barely takes the edge off. I am diagnosed with depression, panic disorder, mildly bi polar and GAD. I have been dealing with this for almost 9 years. I feel like no one understands me. I have the weirdest things happen for no reason at all. I make myself go out and do things and am successful at most of them. That is staying out and having fun. My son killed himself a tad over a month ago. Yes I am depressed about it and yes it has of course made everything act up. This is me on a daily basis. I moved 10 months ago to another state and I just feel lonely. Its like everyone I know that had any of these issues has gotten better but I go back and forth without ever getting complete relief ever.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Hello- I am new to the group
-
My therapist really knocked some sense into me last Friday about my spending. She said that there are needs and there are wants. She said that there is always going to be cheap stuff to buy, but do I need it? The answer is mostly "no". So today, I am taking back some things that I bought online at Kohl's, namely a 9 x 12 rug and a quilt for my bed. I also bought sheets that I don't need...
Sorry for the loss of your son.
That is a life-changing grieving process that will rock your insides like a tidal wave when you least expect it.
Second, you moved, which is another life-changing process that pushes the envelope of comfort to new edges.
Third, each of us deals with anxiety as an individual. That means the diagnosis is certainly not a "one size fits all" single source treatment plan.
Keep a daily feelings journal and check the pattern of your thinking to give you a starting point in changing just one thought process at a time. Work through the worst physical symptom of anxiety that affects you the most, then move onto the next.
Over time, you will find what works naturally to help you reduce the resting anxiety level which will help you feel better.
Hope this helps, best wishes.
Carmen xx