Anxiety Support Group
Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate...
esb123
Has your anxiety ever been so controlling that it prevented you from getting help? Even little things, like it prevented you from posting on here because you were scared?
deleted_user
Not so much with getting help. More like, I can't watch certain things on TV like that show called Dark Matters. In one episode, a scientist did s brain transplant on a monkey. It's all reinactments, but I had a nightmare that same night. I can't watch anything too intense or anything gorey. Lastly, I can't read those health articles on Yahoo that talk about 7 symptoms people experience before having a heart attack. I guess I'm a bit OCD and stuff like that will get the anxiety going. I have surprisingly felt so much better about being so open and honest on this forum. It has helped me to see things in a clearer light. Is there something you would like to share?
deleted_user
Yes yes yes. My anxiety controls my life. I finally got up the nerve to go to the dr. But I never told her how bad things really are. The only person I could ever really tell everything too was my mom, and she died last new years eve. I find I have no words anymore. It is so lonely and scarey.
deleted_user
And esb123 I was wondering how you are feeling?
deleted_user
I'm glad you were able to post even when you are scared doing it. You aren't alone. I've been run by my fear of most things in life. Hope to hear from you more! I bet you have a lot to say!
deleted_user
Yes it has. I'll be honest. My family still doesn't really know that I suffer from anxiety. I've been on medication (Xanax) for the last three years. I took a big step a couple of weeks ago and made an appointment to see a therapist. I'm looking forward to going but I'm still nervous about what the outcome will be. I want to treat my anxiety overnight and I know that's not possible. I'm hoping that therapy will help me be able to cope and be weaned off of meds.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...