Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
pattongb
No dizziness today. I did go home at 7pm last night and I was asleep by 8pm. I slept like a dead man for almost 12 hours. This must be what its like for addicts to come off of a drug. I was sooo tired. My body must have really needed the rest.
Im a bit groggy this morning, but my head is clearer than its been in a while. I looked in the mirror this morning and for the first time in a very long time I think I saw a glimpse of my old self. There was a little color to my face and the dark spots under my eyes are half gone. Ive also lost a bit of weight (or im not as bloated).
Very busy day today at work, then I go home and study. Should keep me busy. I will hit up a meeting tonight on the way home. The meetings give me strength.
I hope I can keep this up, it feels so good to be sober.
"Today I choose not to drink. Tomorrow is tomorrow and I will worry about that when the time comes. But for today i choose to say NO."
Im a bit groggy this morning, but my head is clearer than its been in a while. I looked in the mirror this morning and for the first time in a very long time I think I saw a glimpse of my old self. There was a little color to my face and the dark spots under my eyes are half gone. Ive also lost a bit of weight (or im not as bloated).
Very busy day today at work, then I go home and study. Should keep me busy. I will hit up a meeting tonight on the way home. The meetings give me strength.
I hope I can keep this up, it feels so good to be sober.
"Today I choose not to drink. Tomorrow is tomorrow and I will worry about that when the time comes. But for today i choose to say NO."
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
((I tried to post this in one of my journals...but DS kept giving me an error message)))Decided to venture to Detroit. I rarely get to this side of the state since my father was murdered on the east side about 41 years ago. My mom and I rarely went to this side, but I recall she visited the Sommset (www.thesomersetcollection.com/) mall with one of her friends a few years ago. She talked about the...
-
End of the month and a lack of any better theme I've just decided to give you guys some otters.... just because... Hope you're having a great end to the month!


You're right ~ don't even THINK about tomorrow cause we aren't promised that anyway. Today is all we have. One day at a time - or one MINUTE at a time. That's how I did it ~ minute by minute cause a whole day was too much for me. lol
Keep on keepin on ~ you're doing great! God bless. Hugs, Lee
For me, I stopped hoping to continue long term sobriety and made a firm committment. Like not to ever drink again-no matter what. No matter how horrible, anxious, scared, sad I felt........no booze ever again. Hoping to do this was gone-I closed the door to the option no matter what.
Remember-this was a long time habit to come by-it takes hard work and life change to treat it.
Keep posting ;)
Keep it going and and it will just keep getting better and better.
Billy