Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
Ashley8888
I haven't been on here in awhile, but reading some of the posted just made me think of how grateful I am to be a part of AA.
I came to this site like so many, looking for ansawers on how to fix my drinking problem. I didn't want to have to go to AA and ask for help. I thought I should be able to do this (stop/control my drinking) on my own. I fought it and fought it...I would put down those in AA on here. When it started to hurt bad enough though I began to ask questions about AA (though some where mean, lol, such as, do you really like being brain washed? that was my favorite....it was a cult, and they brainwashed you! But I got the best ansawer ever, this guy said "my brain needed a little washing" I will always remember that)
Finally though, after trolling this site for about a year, I decieded I would go to AA....I was desperate.
And wow....I realized I didnt have to fight this battle alone. Getiting a sponsor the first week in was amazing to. This lady that I barely knew wanted me to call her every single day!! She took me to meetign, introduced me to other women. I am an introverted person but they made it so much easier.
My life is SO much different today!! I have been in the program for almost two years, (though I did have a relapse, briefly) and I can not imagine getting sober by myself! Why would I when therer are so many amazing people that are there willing and wanting to help, for free, to be real friends! It is amazing!
Sorry for the ramble! I just had this urge to express how grateful I truly am for the program of AA. It has truly thought me how to life such a better life! How to have a life period!! I have so many things to be grategul for now! I am back in school, living independantly, have nice things agian, I have friends who really care about me, I have had the same job for 2 years, I go on trips with my AA friends all the time.....ALL BECAUSE OF AA
What are you grateful for in your sobrity and do you credit AA?
I came to this site like so many, looking for ansawers on how to fix my drinking problem. I didn't want to have to go to AA and ask for help. I thought I should be able to do this (stop/control my drinking) on my own. I fought it and fought it...I would put down those in AA on here. When it started to hurt bad enough though I began to ask questions about AA (though some where mean, lol, such as, do you really like being brain washed? that was my favorite....it was a cult, and they brainwashed you! But I got the best ansawer ever, this guy said "my brain needed a little washing" I will always remember that)
Finally though, after trolling this site for about a year, I decieded I would go to AA....I was desperate.
And wow....I realized I didnt have to fight this battle alone. Getiting a sponsor the first week in was amazing to. This lady that I barely knew wanted me to call her every single day!! She took me to meetign, introduced me to other women. I am an introverted person but they made it so much easier.
My life is SO much different today!! I have been in the program for almost two years, (though I did have a relapse, briefly) and I can not imagine getting sober by myself! Why would I when therer are so many amazing people that are there willing and wanting to help, for free, to be real friends! It is amazing!
Sorry for the ramble! I just had this urge to express how grateful I truly am for the program of AA. It has truly thought me how to life such a better life! How to have a life period!! I have so many things to be grategul for now! I am back in school, living independantly, have nice things agian, I have friends who really care about me, I have had the same job for 2 years, I go on trips with my AA friends all the time.....ALL BECAUSE OF AA
What are you grateful for in your sobrity and do you credit AA?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
You just made my day. I remember your struggles and I'm grateful that you're grateful. Congrats.
I can't even put into words how much my life has changed by walking back through the doors of AA. There's a man who says all the time that it's the greatest magic show in the world. Lives change before your very eyes. That was so true in my case.
Your post is marvelous.
Have a great week
It is great to hear about a success story like yours. I too remember the struggles you had and am thrilled to see doing so well.
If you keep that attitude of gratitude you will not go far wrong.
Well done girl.
Hugs.
I too am sober as the result of going to AA and taking the 12 steps and not a day goes past without me being grateful for what I have. I landed up in AA as the last resort to save my life but I never imagined it would give me the life that I have now.
Thank you for sharing.
It pretty crazy that I truly got my start online, on this site. The people here are pretty amazing! Thank you!!!
Thank you Nemo,Nikki, PJ and all the others :) there ar so many!...I remember all the times you all were there to ansawer my posts...it means so much to me!!