Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
Billy
And, I doubt you need anyone to tell you whether you should be concerned-or worried-about your husband, as you probably already are concerned.
Dreaming mentioned Al-Anon, that\'s probably you best bet at this point. Learn how to deal with "concern" and other emotions associated with alcoholism. Being fully aligned with an al-anon group and practicing the Steps will allow you to go through life never needing anyone to tell you what you should be feeling.
Shawn
It took me years to get to the point of serenity and get to a place where i could say no matter what I don\'t have to drink. It is extremely unlikely your husband is at that point.
The unfortunate part is that you can\'t stop him from drinking if he decides to drink. The other thing is that it is not your responsibility.
Why are you still minding his business? Have you not learned the futility of doing that? You didn\'t cause it, you can\'t control it, you can\'t cure it. The disease of alcoholism has affected YOU.
My marriage would not have stood the chance of a snowball in hell if my husband had not sought out Al Anon. Regardless of whether he drinks or not, please get treatment for the effects of this disease on you. You deserve peace of mind. You will find it there.
I think you would benefit from more "I am...."s
And....What good does worrying do? Never has prevented a thing in my life-just caused pain and anxiety when I could have been enjoying myself and the moment.
Its all in the MIND!
jow happy and how much true joy and peace you fine i thinbk for me is in learning to live by AA\'s 12 steps, I could not have stayed sober on my own or with yoga and I would not have with joy without my higher power
Nancy
you have no control over his drinking and neither does he.
Nancy