Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
Keep your gaze on the prize and stay off those detours. Do this and before you know it the years will tick away.
Do they serve cake with an 18 month chip? They should!
That's another cool thing about my home group. It's so small that we can celebrate birthdays on the day...rather than having 1 or 2 b-day meetings a month.
As they say where I am from, "You earned your seat"!!
I celebrate your recovery today!!!
PS: picturing you as a salivating pavlovian dog at AA waiting for her chip (hahaha...)
you prove AA works..
:-)
So, I got my 18 month metal chip yesterday, just after another another lady had got her one year. When they asked how I did it, I started to say, "When I 1st came into these rooms, I had a chip on my shoulder..." then someone yelled out, "And now you have one in your hand". I know you're not supposed to cross talk, but that made me laugh and I told them of my pavlovian post on here. lol
It was a great day for me...and, I even worked a few hours last night as a bartender. I have no desire to drink anymore, so no worries about that.
I think my higher power was saying it's getting time to give that up though, as I only made $9 in tips in 3 hours. Blasted cheap drunks!!! lol
Thanks again all.
OUCH honest manchester is lovelyLoL eenjoy your homegroup