Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
Sober2day
Woops I forgot to mention the other 24 years.Yea 1 day and 24 years sober.
.I hopefully had my last drink of alcohol on the 27 August 1991 and sometimes I have to pinch myself because once I could not imagine going a single day without it..
I have now been sober longer than i drank by 2 years.And if your new to recovery or near new you can do it to you can have a life beyond your wildest dreams which happened to me.
I owe much to God as I try to understand Him To AA and to the people in and out of AA who were there for me also sites like DS where i met people like you and though I have,not connected with everyone here I also didn't get on with everyone while i was drinking but we can still help each other.
One thing which has helped me was to put principles before personalities.
I met one person here on DS who became a soul mate more than the good friend she was.Christine R .Chris passed away a while back and I miss her but I remember her for the help and love she gave away to others on here me being one of them.And if you can make just one friend I think your lucky.I remember when no one wanted to know me.
Well it's good to be here and reading your posts today .I'll keep coming back .
God Bless...
Lionel.
.I hopefully had my last drink of alcohol on the 27 August 1991 and sometimes I have to pinch myself because once I could not imagine going a single day without it..
I have now been sober longer than i drank by 2 years.And if your new to recovery or near new you can do it to you can have a life beyond your wildest dreams which happened to me.
I owe much to God as I try to understand Him To AA and to the people in and out of AA who were there for me also sites like DS where i met people like you and though I have,not connected with everyone here I also didn't get on with everyone while i was drinking but we can still help each other.
One thing which has helped me was to put principles before personalities.
I met one person here on DS who became a soul mate more than the good friend she was.Christine R .Chris passed away a while back and I miss her but I remember her for the help and love she gave away to others on here me being one of them.And if you can make just one friend I think your lucky.I remember when no one wanted to know me.
Well it's good to be here and reading your posts today .I'll keep coming back .
God Bless...
Lionel.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Dick Van Dyke’s path to sobriety was a turning point in his life and career. Here’s what happened:How He Got SoberStruggles and Realization: Van Dyke began drinking as a teenager, largely to cope with shyness and social anxiety. Alcohol made him feel more comfortable in social settings, but over time, his drinking spiraled out of control. By his mid-40s, he recognized that he had an addictive...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...

This post makes me think of "Nemo." He passed away. He had a tremendous impact on many lives here.
Thinking of you today, Nemo!
1-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9yeYMwHPr4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N3f9ALU58U
https://www.mediafire.com/?x676ejd6y352x
HuGGGSSS!!!!
I haven't been able to log on some people broke into our home and took everything they could jewelry,laptops phones.camera's .So I am using a laptop that is old and keeps stalling and stopping every ten minutes.
What a shit house feeling to be broken into.but today I can . do what needs to done and not disappear and leave it up to others to take care of.
I hope everyone's enjoying there w/end and I hope to get back when my new computer turns up.
God Bless...
Lionel
It's so good to see you. I am so sorry your house got broken into. I remember when I would have drank. Of course! That was the only solution to every problem. Glad that's not the case today for me or you!
Hugs old friend
Dianna