Adult Bedwetting Community Group

A place for adults who still have problems wetting the bed to talk about their feelings, to discover solutions, and to talk about life in general.

0 Online

Hotel Travel and Bedwetting

I've been following this group for a while, but finally found the time to post something. Given some of the discussion here, and also with other groups and friends with a similar problem, I've decided to start a blog exploring some of the challenges faced by a bedwetter who happens to travel a great deal.

I would appreciate members feedback and thoughts, particularly in the realm of what you do when travelling. Also I'm hoping to translate some useful expressions, and so if you happen to have any linguistic abilities, and would be willing to help please let me know.

Check out the blog:
https://bedwettingtraveller.wordpress.com/

All the best,

The Bedwettingtraveller

Replies

alphagb
alphagb

I really like the blog with the hotel reviews. I use the Tena Super diapers or the new Northshore Care Supreme or Molicare. I always wear a pair of regular men's cotton underwear over the diaper to keep it snug and always a pair of plastic pants over that. I have taken bed pads with me, but never have leaks with this combination.
nicolas2
nicolas2

Nice site. I've always packed for travel a flat waterproof sheet + diapers & pants, wipes & disposal bags
US is better than most for obtaining diapers on site; Europe not so good - harder for long trips. In the morning I put all my gear away out of sight. However, I find more hotels protect mattresses from kids, heavy drinkers, tea/coffee spills - unless my name is on some intergalactic list they consult when they see me coming in !
ST50
ST50

I always take bed protection with me and always sleep in a thick nappy and plastic pants. I have wet a hotel bed a few times but nothing was said.
NW47guy
NW47guy

I've learned to take a vinyl sheet and put it under the hotel sheet. I then put a pull-ups disposable waterproof soaker mat on the bed so I have a chance of saving the sheet also. Then I do my normal disposable diaper with cloth pull up over that and high back plastic pants on. I always leave a fresh bed when I leave and everything folds back up and goes in my luggage. I don't take anything off the bed during the days, I just leave it because I know I'm doing the right thing in taking proper care of the hotel property.
Jack67
Jack67

I do not use hotels that often but when I do I always let them know about my problem in advance, they have always been helpful and fit a plastic cover on the matress. I wear my normal high capacity nighttime nappies, but also add a booster, as other people have said, I always wear regular underwear on top to help hold everything in place. Even if I do leak, I know it will only be the sheets that are wet. Hotels are used to kids having accidents, but do not like mattresses being marked.
msuspartax
msuspartax

Went on a vacation this week. Stayed at 3 different hotels. None had waterproof protection on the beds. One I actually requested it when I made the reservation ... but nothing. The first night there, my son wet the bed, and my diaper leaked badly. I had two piles of wet bedding in the morning.

That evening, still no waterproof bedding.
bedwetter2
bedwetter2

I have traveled to the same hotel/motel for severaltimes a year. They know me & that I use a rubber sheet on the bed. When I wet I just put the wet sheet in the hamper in the bathroom & pack my rubber sheet for use the next time I need it.
nicolas2
nicolas2

If I book for more than one night and have not asked the hotel for protection, I put all my own protection away out of sight each morning. Sometimes if the cleaner has noticed the diaper in bathroom disposal, staff have put mattress protection on while I'm out! Actually it makes life easier not to be shy about being a bedwetter.
iampadded
iampadded

I have had a similar experience. I am too shy to out myself up front to the staff. However, I generally leave my plastic pants hanging in shower. On more than one occasion mattress protection has been added to my bed by the following evening.
william22
william22

Traveling and bed wetting issues are a dangerous combination, As a patient, you always wish that the journey ends soon. In 2015, I was also a bed wetting patient, but thanks to Enuresis Treatment Center that now I can travel to any corner of the world without being concerned about the associated problems.
nicolas2
nicolas2

Normally I take Tena and plastic pants with me; and a plastic sheet if I have not asked for bed protection on booking accommodation. For peace of mind I wear plastic pants for the journey just in case. Airport security are not fazed by finding continence protection in our hand baggage; or feel plastic pants if they hand-search our waistbands!
nicolas2
nicolas2

hi iampadded. If I have not asked for bed-protection. I reckon that hanging plastic pants to dry in the bathroom seems a discreet way of alerting staff to my need for it without embarrassment. I shall try next trip - thanks.
iampadded
iampadded

I agree. That seems to work for me+
alexandradomaseva
alexandradomaseva

I always take with me waterproof bed cover and buy disposable absorbent bed sheets and diapers at local store at the place. But I always avoid hotels preferring to rent a flat directly from the owner. This allows to avoid anyone like hotel staff to see my wetting problem and feel myself discreet and comfortable while I travel.
wetr
wetr

I wear Tenthaflex Maxi diapers with rubber pants I wash my pants and hang them up in the shower the maids ussual,y see them
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Holly44

Anyone on

Anyone want to chat
  • greengold4

College with Incontinence

I am about to return to college. I have been losing more and more control over my bladder. I've been having occasional leaks in the daytime and wetting heavily at night. I was wondering if anybody else dealt with incontinence in college or has any tips or advice with how to manage my condition?