ADHD / ADD Support Group
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are more common than you might think. It is a syndrome that exhibits symptoms such as hyperactivity, forgetfulness, mood shifts, poor impulse control, and distractibility. Join others who suffer from these conditions and share your experiences.

rockym
After a very long stressful week with my 13 yr old ADHD son we finally had a really good day yesterday. He got into trouble on Monday and Tuesday this week and ended up with an out of school suspension on Wednesday for saying the F word to a group of teachers while they were 'redirecting' him. I thought for sure yesterday was going to awful, he doesn't usually recover or let go of issues. I have been planning my oldest son's (not ADHD)high school graduation party and I informed my 13yr old of the graduation day and time and told him he had to attend and by the way, his cousin was graduating right before my son so it would be about a 5-6 hour ordeal. Of course this did not please him, but instead of whining and complaining and refusing to go, he said "I have ADHD, I am not going to be able to sit through all of that." But he said it in a joking manner. His dad and I laughed. Inside I was a little relieved and proud of him because this was the first time he has ever said he had ADHD, so he acknowledges it. I know, it sounds dumb. It's just that I have spent so much time and money on psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists and medicine, maybe it's finally working! It's a step any way.
I would also like to pay a tribute to my oldest son who has had to endure the drama/trama of our journey with our youngest. He has been the easiet kid to raise and he reminds me that we did do something right! He's been a great kid and has managed to stay out of trouble. He is responsible and decent and I am happy with that. He graduates in May and has already started taking a couple of classes at the local community college. I am very proud of him and how he has turned out so far.
I would also like to pay a tribute to my oldest son who has had to endure the drama/trama of our journey with our youngest. He has been the easiet kid to raise and he reminds me that we did do something right! He's been a great kid and has managed to stay out of trouble. He is responsible and decent and I am happy with that. He graduates in May and has already started taking a couple of classes at the local community college. I am very proud of him and how he has turned out so far.
deleted_user
Kudos to your oldest! My oldest is 9 and also has ADHD but it's not so very bad with him and he behaves well too. My youngest is 6.5 and life is so very very hard already. Yes TGIF! because there is less stress when he is with me. Congrats to your son for graduating, hope you all have a good weekend.
deleted_user
Congrats to your oldest!! I know my oldest is starting to help her brother more & be more understanding, for so long she just thought he was " getting away" with school work & chores at home.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...