Vegetarians & Vegans Support Group

Vegetarianism is the practice of not consuming the flesh of any animal . Veganism excludes all animal products from diet and in some definitions from attire also. Vegetarians have varied motivations including religious, cultural, ethical, aesthetic, environmental, social, economic, health, political, and personal concerns. Join many others in sharing your experiences to find support.

0 Online
  • freefalling

I went vegan cold "Turkey"

I watched a documentary of how food is made and that was enough for me. After watching (2 days ago) I haven't had any dairy, meat, or eggs. I feel great. I don't mind the plant based diet even when my family stopped at KFC today I found something I could eat there. I am very much into letting people make up their own minds and follow their own beliefs on everything including diet. My family that...
  • mckennagrace

No Family Support of Vegansim

I'm going vegan at the end of August but nobody in my family supports me. I can't stand animal cruelty and I want to be healthier. My family tells me it will never last, but I want to prove them wrong. Any advice?
  • mabes3374

Just starting out...crazy withdrawl symptoms

Hi all,I have been on a slow journey towards veganism for a while now. For the last 2 years, I pretty much weaned myself off all red meat. Then animal products like pork, chicken, and fish maybe 2 times a week. I have never been much of a dairy eater so that has not been an issue. But I have finally decided to take the full vegan plunge and stop consuming all animal products, period. It's...
  • pwayman1

New vegan and feeling unfulfilled?

hello everyone my name is Paige and I've been a vegan for almost a month now, and over this past month I must say that I have definitely been through a series of phases so far in my vegan journey. My first week I did well, second week I began to feel guilt because there are things around me in my room that are not vegan, and now we are on week 3 and I'm feeling just really hungry and unfulfilled....
  • daBear

New Vegans

My wife and I became vegan in January 2017, for health reasons, at ages 66 and 72, respectively. We were motivated by "Forks over Knives" (film and book).After 3+ months, we were further motivated by our lab results. Cholesterol DOWN. Triglycerides DOWN. Weight DOWN.Our biggest challenges are palletable recipes and just generally maintaining momentum!
  • ShannonJ96

Difficult and unsupportive family

So I'm a new vegan. I've been completely off of animal products for a couple of weeks, but had given up most of them nearly two months ago. My decision was motivated primarily by health issues, but I am also appalled at the unkind treatment of animals in modern farming.Since giving birth to my son a couple of months ago, I get incredibly sick if I eat meat or dairy. When I first got pregnant, I...
  • alexiw

Little mental breakdown

I've been vegetarian for about 10 years, vegan for 2 months. All of a sudden the guilt is overwhelming. I don't know what to do. My car has leather seats. I can't sell my car. I have 3 pairs of 20+ year old uggs. I have leather shoes. I'm sitting here on my couch working myself up into a full blown panic attack right now. I can't afford to get rid of and replace things. And I almost feel as tho...
  • RosemaryC44

Hi! I am new to this site and I am looking to become a vegan eventually. I say eventually because I want to make life changes that are slow and realistic so they are long lasting changes. Right now, I barely ever eat meat without thought anyway. I don't have any desire for many reasons to buy, cook, order, or eat meat products. It is not satisfying at all. I want to get tips on how to completely...
  • jbradsen

Eczema

Anybody out there get rid of eczema with a veggie or raw diet? I've had a flare up of eczema for the first time in my life and it's out of control. I've been to 3 doctors and now supposed to got to the dermatologist on Monday. I just wanted to know if there's a natural way to get rid of this dry inflamed skin? I've even considered a liver flush. But, I don't want to do too much to my body at...
  • mckennagrace

Milk Replacements

My family understands that I won't change my mind about going vegan and they will accept it but they do not support it. Also does anybody know any milk replacements because I have a calcium deficiency and I need something the replace milk, I take vitamins but I'd like to try something else.
  • anneccleaver

Soup bases

Hey what are the:Easiest soup basesCheapest and most delicious?I am just graduating to get away from vegetable broth... it is annoying and not very filling just coming out of the can.
  • angiequinnhumphries

veg friends

I am a single mom with no vegetarian friends. I want to associate with like-minded people. I feel so isolated and surrounded by people who do not share my beliefs.
  • sunflowerhippie

Family issues

Hello, i'm new to this group and becoming a vegetarian. My family is pretty abusive...but that is a separate group...but can anyone tell me how to stand up for my eating habits more..what is good to say when it gets ridiculed? I tend to just shut down. Any advice would be much appreciated ! thank you :)
  • anneccleaver

"tuna" fish sandwich

Is fried Tofu good substitute for a fake tuna fish sandwich? What are your substitutes for fish? I have heard of K-rab, isn't that eggplant with butter? Thank you
  • missscales

Keeping veggies fresh

How do you guys and gals keep your veggies from going bad? Whenever I buy a variety of vegetables for the week, something always happens where I can't get home to cook/eat them right away. Then they go bad within a week and a half in the fridge. And I'm not talking about fancy stuff...I'm talking about things like tomatoes, cucumbers, and spinach here. So, am I stuck buying one or two kinds of...