Vaginal Cancer Support Group

This community is for those of us impacted by vaginal cancer. There are two main types of vaginal cancer: squamous cell carcinoma, cancer that forms in the thin, flat cells lining the vagina, and adenocarcinoma, cancer that begins in glandular (secretory) cells. Meet with friendly, supportive people sharing their experiences with Vaginal Cancer. Real help from real people.

0 Online
  • Valorie1958

Not Alone Anymore

Is there anyone still around in this group? I have lived with my "aflction" for over 15 years now......would love tobe able to talk about it....
  • deleted_user

Does Chemo-cream cause fatigue?

I have VaIN-2. I chose to do Efudex topical cream and have been experiencing fatigue. My question is does this Chemotherapy cream cause that fatigue or is it the condition? Also will I experience nausea at some point in this treatment?
  • JM0325

Lumps..

So as I was taking a shower the other day, I noticed a lump on my vaginal area.. At fist I wasn't too worried about it because I tend to get pimple down there quite a bit (tmi, I'm sorry!!), but now I'm started to worry a bit. It's been about two weeks and it hasn't gone away. I've tried squeezing the lump but nothing comes out. Also, my family has a history of different types of cancers; mainly...
  • deleted_user

alternative treatment?

My sister was diagnosed with vaginal cancer last December. She underwent radiation/chemo for 7 weeks and brachetherapy (sp?) (internal radiation inserted into her tumor). In June she had a PET scan and all signs said she was in remission. She began having awful pain and they recently did another PET scan and a biopsy only to find that the cancer is back. The doctors have said all they can do...
  • deleted_user

Poor Husband

Ever since my complete hysterectomy in 03 and treatment for my newly diagnosed vaginal cancer, I could live without sex for the rest of my life. It's been months. Literally. And of course I would have a husband who is five yrs younger. I'm 32, he's 27. Am I wrong in telling him to move on and b happy? He wasn't w me during my first go round w stage 3c endontrial ca, but has experienced the new...
  • Annabell1217

two large lumps

I have two large lumps in my vagina. I found them about two years ago and didn't worry because I thought they were normal. I started thinking more about it a while ago and finally out two and two together. They're up quite a ways, I can barely reach them. They're about the size if a Hershey's kiss and raised up about a quarter inch.About the time I found it (at the time there was only one) was a...
  • AdminTeamDS

Radiotherapy for Vaginal Cancer

Tell us about your personal experience with Radiotherapy as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
  • Hello,I am feeling so lost and depressed because of my medical situation. I have ulcers t the opening of my vagina, bleeding during sex, and vulvar pain which is very intense, sometimes raw/burning feeling. I had a normal pap smear, negative tests for chlamydia, gonnerhea and trich and am my doctor told me that because these tests were normal my condition is inconclusive and possibly "stress...
  • deleted_user

Is this message board active?

I was just wondering if this message board is active? I think I might have to deal with a reaccurance of Vaginal Cancer after completing treatment in November of 2009. Has anyone on here had a reaccurance, and what was the treatment that was used? I have had many surgeries while trying to prevent VAIN turning into Cancer (fail) and I had external beam radiation. I might add that I stopped...
  • kathyrsh

what is it

i have a lump in the vaginal area..like a cyst or tumor...i had a biopsy done today and the doc said it didn't look good...i'm so scared..i get the biopsy results next week..has anyone had this and how was it treated..i'd appreciate any input i can get thanks
  • deleted_user

Anyone know

I have Grade One vaginal cancer cells as I have posted about here. I see my new doctor on December 12th. I was told that possibly they would be doing some laser treatment to the area to take care of the cells. Has anyone had this done, and if so can you PLEASE tell me something about it. I am getting very nervous. The vaginal tissues still burn from my old doctor using the aldara cream...
  • deleted_user

vaginal vault squamous cell carcinoma

Dear all,well i hope am in the right forumhere is the case of my mum aged 55. she had her uterus and ovary removed some 15 years ago. since last month she was having slight vaginal bleeding. had a biopsy this month, report say that she had Invasive poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma vaginal vault. i would like to know what this means, what are the possible treatments and in which stage...
  • deleted_user

I have lumps

I have a lot of cancer formations coming out. What stage cancer is this? Can anyone help me?
  • kathyrsh

someone is here

i check this site at least 3 0r 4 times a week to see if anyone new comes in...just wanted to leave this message so anyone who might need to talk will know that they are not alone....not just anyone new but anyone.
  • deleted_user

How is one to react to this disease.

Well if you look threw all my support groups you will see I've had one heck of a year.To make a long story short however I just had a skin leasion removed the 15th and found out yesturday that it was squamous cancer.My gyn refered me already to an oncologist (spelling probaly off) which I have an appointment with on the 28th of this month.I really dont know what to expect or even what to think of...