Tuberculosis (TB) Support Group

Tuberculosis (commonly abbreviated to TB) is an infection caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which most commonly affects the lungs (pulmonary TB) but can also affect the central nervous system (meningitis), lymphatic system, circulatory system (Miliary tuberculosis), genitourinary system, bones and joints. Join many others in sharing your experiences to find support.

0 Online
  • Jso32

Latent TB

Hi...I am new to this group.My 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with latent TB...I'm scared. I haven't begun medication because I'm worried giving her the meds will some how make it become active...I don't know...I'm just scared and worried I want to start her on meds but at the same time I'm afraid they will make things worse...I just want some honest advice from people who have been living...
  • kimberlymgo86

Is a false positive skin test possible?

I was given 2 skin tests; the first was negative, the second one showed positive, but it was a very small reaction. I tried to google what a positive looked like, only to find a lot of pictures that didn't look like my tiny reaction. I was told by my employer to go to the Health Department to confirm the result. They ended up confirming positive and told me to go get a chest X-Ray.Well the...
  • yeoldecodger

TB Medication side effects ?

My wife has had an op to remove a wedge of lunge with a small 11mm node. It was found to be benign. The hospital came back a week later and said my wife had TB and would have to go through a course of 6mths tablets.{ 6x Rifater, 3x Ethambutol, 1x Pyridoxinne, 30mins before meals and 3x Meetoclopramide one a day, Also Paracetomol and an antihistamine when required, ) She is an asthma sufferer...
  • mabdullahkh

Tuburclosis

Hi,    I am 51 years old. i had complaint of chronic diarrhoea and weight loss 5 years back. my weight dropped to 35 kg. No reason was evident. Only TB SPOT was positive. After trying all antibiotics doctors gave me anti-tubuorclosis ATT for 12 months. Symptoms improved and i gained weight to 75 kg. i remained well for one and a half years but than symptoms reappeared and i had weight loss and...
  • fighttowin

Should I ask for tuberculosis test?

I am suffering from low grade fever from last 6 months since I caught cold from roommate . Generally in evening my body temperature rises cross 99.I had chest xray and ct scan and mt test at that time all came out negative.15 days back I had an other chest xray it should bronchovascular marking. My doctor told looks like allergic bronchitis. But if I have bronchitis y do I have fever only in...
  • buzzbomb

Isoniazid causing a low immune system?

So I've been on Isoniazid for almost 3 months now for latent TB. I've been catching a lot of viral infections ever since. It just seems it's been one thing after another. between a skin viral infection after I joined a gym and colds/flus. I also have been noticing more break outs on my face than usual.Is anyone that's taking this medicine experiencing any of these symptoms?
  • stefbooyens

Please check my blog on MDRTB!

https://mdrtbandme.wordpress.com
  • deleted_user

Unable to find work after Latent TB

I tested positive for Latent Tb via blood test when my scratch test was ignored by my local hospital (my arm swelled up and they said I was fine) Been under INH treatment for almost the full 9 months. I work in the healthcare industry, caring for people and once my client moved I have since broken ties with the care agency since I think my client was the one who gave me the TB. (They don't test...
  • jpunabia21

question?

hi ive been diagnosed with tb 6 months ago.. my question is. is it possible to have tb without any symptoms like fever. i cough up a little bit of blood. thank you
  • deleted_user

blood test positive for TB

I was called by my DR.today and was told my blood tested positive for TB, said he was sorry to tell me over the phone and then had me make a call to the infectious disease office to set up an apt which I did. Well of course nobody has gotten back to me so looks like I have to wait through the weekend to find out anything. I have a lot of questions that of course didn't get to ask the DR because I...
  • deleted_user

About cure of my miliary TB

I have disseminated TB which has spread in my right lung, lympy nodes, vertebra L5 and in liver. I had serious complications in diagnoses and treatment. Now I am on anti TB treatment since April 2014. My treatment will end in May 2015 (if I remain alive till then). Along with with TB, I have Hep C, severe depression and insomnia. My primary concerns are two. First concern is, will my TB be cured...
  • I suffered from AFB negative Tuberculosis two years back. I am all fine now. Current X-Ray report is normal. Will it cause issues in going onsite to Germany? Are there any rules related to this for European countries? Please reply me :(
  • Spiky

How concerned should I be?

I think my roommate may have TB. I came home and noticed that there was blood and tissue sprayed all over the sink. Obviously someone had coughed it up. Previous to this I had noticed very small droplets of blood around the toilet bowl and tank. I panicked when I saw the sink and bleached the whole area. When I asked him about it, he said he had no memory of it. He's an older man, maybe in...
  • deleted_user

Sinus TB

Anyone out there had TB of the sinuses or know of anyone that has had it? I have some symptoms of Sinus TB. Thanks
  • deleted_user

Positive Skin Test no Symptoms

Hey, My daughter had a positive skin test ... 14mm she is not in a high risk group and no idea how she would have been exposed.She is just 18. She is going for chest Xray this afternoon but may not know results until Monday... I am a mess.She has no cough, no fever, no night sweats, no lost weight, she feels fine she was just at Dr. to get her physical and health form completed forschool and...