Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

Wow, how do I start?

Trichotillomania is a horrible thing to have. It destroys your self esteem and confidence, It makes you a target of insults and bullying...

And those are just some of the effects of having it. I pull out my top eyelashes and my eyebrows and I miss the feeling of lashes on my eyelids and being able to feel real eyebrow hair and not just bare skin covered up by eyebrow pencil. I long for the feeling of not having sore eyelids when I open my eyes first thing in the morning. Words just can not describe how much I hate having this. I probably sound really dramatic and silly right now, but you know what? That's apart of all the small things and frankly doesn't matter

I'm posting on here because I want to express how I feel about this. Expressing how you feel is much healthier than keeping your thoughts trapped inside of you. It also helps you cope. What I'm really trying to say to: let it all out! That's what this place is for, right? 

Replies

Jen1234
Jen1234

I too cover my eyebrows. :(
Vesna
Vesna

Hi i wanted to comment on your post , i am new to this website so hopefully it will be beneficial :) what you have described in regards to your feelings i do also feel that every single day!!!! Not a second without the physical symptoms :( you feel like you cannot escape your own body . However This symtopm is the only one more often almost everyday which really gives me anxiety severly .

I pick my eyelashed out alot now i have a sensitive one eye
Gritty feeling , stingy, dryness, stabby feeling somtimes ,, only my right eye , feels like i have dust or eyelash pricking my eye feeling. feels heavy , i have been to countless optometrists and not all the same ones either , all have said dry eyes. I wanted a referal booked in to see a eye specalist for reassurance my pycoligist thinks it will be helpful with my anxiety and i pray that its all okay becasue i am breaking a sweat even thibking of being seen i lose sleep over thinking about the results or anything that they can say :(

What is this