Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

Picking-itching Scabs on body

For decades now, i get scabs on arms and back, i pick til they bleed, they scab i pick again, i know its related to my nerves,anxiety issues and often boredom, i have no clue how to stop.

i cant ever wear cute tank tops that expose my back. i try to cover with makeup which sort of works. i dont know if im allergic to crap too like dust mites, dairy or sugar that causes the breakouts in first place, i have to BAKE In the sun, real or fake tanning beds to clear up the acne, and then of course i have years of scar tissue, lighter skin ( spots ) pigmentation.  this is even all over the sides of my face from acne from my youth...

im 45 and dont feel pretty.....

Replies

getbacktoserenity
getbacktoserenity

When did your skin picking behavior start?
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • art4life19

I'm new here Issues with disassociation

Hi I'm Art I'm new here but I have had PTSD for several years. I have PTSD from a combination of several different traumatic events that have taken place in my life not just one event. I am a survivor of sexual abuse as a child, a rape survivor, a car accident survivor, the survivor of an armed robbery and the survivor of a natural disaster. I get nightmares and flashbacks from the different...
  • LonelyB

He blames me

I've been a picker for some years now. I was abused physically as a kid that caused me mental anguish that I haven't worked through yet. I was able to stop picking for a long while but in the last 8 years I started picking again but in a much more aggressive manner. My husband has made it clear to me tonight that he is disgusted by my picking and that I'm starting to look like an old bald man. I...