Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

My Story (I'm New Here)

Hi everyone!  I am new here.  I started pulling in 4th grade when a family member was in a car wreck.  I've had other tramatic events and pulling has always been my relief.  There have been times I've stopped to get my eyelashes to grow back but I always relapse.  I get so excited when they are long enough to wear mascara but once I start pulling again it really breaks my heart.  I just want to be a girl who has long, beautiful eyelashes but I don't know how to get them to grow back thick and actually keep them.  I would love to hear everyone's suggestions.

Replies

Jen1234
Jen1234

I've read that castor oil helps with growth. I use to use it but I can't stop pulling long enough to let it work.
Piamia212
Piamia212

Oh, well i suggest you try to use technology less then usally cuz u get distracted, have a lot of sleep, stop worrying and try Vaseline and the most important is try not to pull eyelashes and use make-up to cover it
dani_nikki
dani_nikki

Thank you for the tip Jen1234. I completely understand stopping long enough. Mine goes in bouts.

Piamia212 with work it's hard to not use technology. I try so hard not to pull though but it is definitely a struggle. Thanks for the tips!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Ariana063002

I'm new here

Hi, i'm almost 15 years old and i have been pulling since i was 8. what is everyone's ways of coping or stopping?? ive tried everything 
  • Inter0stellar

Wow, how do I start?

Trichotillomania is a horrible thing to have. It destroys your self esteem and confidence, It makes you a target of insults and bullying...And those are just some of the effects of having it. I pull out my top eyelashes and my eyebrows and I miss the feeling of lashes on my eyelids and being able to feel real eyebrow hair and not just bare skin covered up by eyebrow pencil. I long for the feeling...