Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

My story

Hey everyone, so I just found this website so I thought I would check and see how it was. I am 21 and have been living with trick for about 10 years now. Iv tried many different ways to stop pulling, some worked better than others but nothing iv found really helps long term. In the 10 years the longest iv ever gone without pulling was a few months in which time I was super happy but then it started again. At one point I decided I couldn't handle the bald spots anymore and shaved my head completely. This was really liberating but am now trying to grow it back out and keep needing to cut it bc it's all different lengths. I want my long hair back. Ok I think this is long enough of a post. I know I'm not the only person dealing with this. I would love to hear how everyone has been dealing with this. :) 

Replies

Jen1234
Jen1234

Thanks for sharing your story. I've been putting my eye lashes and eye brows for years. I hate it. Not a day goes by that I don't pull. Im new to this website but looking for what might be working for others to control it.