Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

1 Online

Is there anybody willing to talk about this issue

:(

Replies

getbacktoserenity
getbacktoserenity

Ive been willing to talk about it, but it seems this forum is dead. Everybody is too busy pulling out their hair. :/
eybaddict
eybaddict

Yes I have this issue.
I've gotten. For a few yrs now. . But I always put my hair up
That's what helps me.
Shelly_24
Shelly_24

Yeah but what about eyebrows and eyelashes....i'm helpless and starting to hate myself..
Soccermom14
Soccermom14

Yes I have this issue and you are not alone
KitCat24
KitCat24

I can talk! Not sure I can help, but I can relate
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • KitCat24

Hello everybody!

Hi, I'm new to this community but not new to this condition. I'm 22 and I've been pulling as long as I can remember, as early as 5 at least. This last year has been the first year I've been able to open up to anyone in my life about it, but I still struggle accepting it sometimes. I'm just here to know that I'm not alone. That other people feel what I feel, do what I do, and can still be...
  • Community Leadermujicaptsd

Dysfunctional family to family of choice?

I was the designated scapegoat in my dysfunctional family system from childhood through age 52 as an adult, so I know the bitterness of unfair dysfunctional family disappointment.  I was an honors student when I lived at home, and when I went to college I got a rare Fulbright Scholarship which would have made any parent proud.  But I got nothing but criticism and ridiculous attacks on my...