Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

I'm new here

Hi, i'm almost 15 years old and i have been pulling since i was 8. what is everyone's ways of coping or stopping?? ive tried everything 

Replies

Jen1234
Jen1234

I haven't found a way to stop yet but have noticed watching videos of people who have beat trich can help and ever since I joined this site I haven't been pulling as much. I'm not sure if it's from reading other stories or sharing how I feel but its helping.
maddds.p
maddds.p

I recently started pulling again after not pulling for about 6-8 months. I've had trich since I was in 3rd grade and I'm not in 10th. I meditate a lot(I'm Buddhist) and I braid my boyfriends long hair, I pull the hair from pipe cleaners, and I'm buying one of those rings that twist so I can have something else that's just always on me
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Concernedmama

Trichotillomania by proxy

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I found this group with the hope that I can gain insights to help my 15-yr-old daughter who not only pulls her own hair but also the fur, whiskers and eyebrows of our 3 cats. She pulls the cat hair that is "the wrong color" and does much damage to our poor cats' faces! Her therapist almost reported her for animal abuse. Therapy didn't seem to...