Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

2 Online

Hey...

Hey all. I just got on here to see if there was anyone on. I've recently had a bad day and pulled a lot of my hair out. I was just curious if there was anyone on to talk to. It seems I just can't control my urges as much as I want to. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Replies

iwanttostop101
iwanttostop101

HI there I've been pull free for three days now but still have urged to pull. Whenever I want to pull I'll eat something, shower, or color.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • iwanttostop101

Help

I've never gone to a doctor or a therapist to see if I have trichotillomania... But after reading trough some of the posts on here I'm 99.9% positive that I have it. I've been dealing with it for about four years, I was 13 turning 14 years old. I am almost 18 now. I imagine a future everyday where I can just let my hair down and not have to cover certain spots. When I first started pulling it was...
  • musicismytherapy

NEW and ashamed.....

Hi everyone I just joined so I thought I would share a litte bit.I am a teenager who currently struggles with trich, but also am figuring out I may have other BFB's. I have been struggling with trich for about two years now, but did not know I had it or what it was until fairly recently. I do not remember the exact time it started, however I remember being so stressed out about school and my...