Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

1 Online

Barely..

I feel awkward to say it,due to the fact that I feel guilty. But nevertheless I have been pulling my hair for quite some time and don't know how to speak about it. I joined this to seek out for some support. I have gotten to the point of bald patches. I don't know how to control it most of the time, can anybody send some advice my way.

Replies

gilmoregirl729
gilmoregirl729

I have more bald patches than I can count. I would recommend painting your fingernails (*even if it's just clear) often so you will keep your hands off of your hair. Also, keeping your hair wet typically creates an undesirable texture for pulling.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Krystal123

looking for someone to talk to ..

I'm looking for someone who can talk and listen. Someone who I can text or call when I wanna pull. Someone I can trust with my secrets. Someone who can help me out. Dm me your snapchat or something, please. I just need someone right now