Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group
Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

I have been coming back on here periodically and have found others' posts inspiring. I guess I'm figuring out how to even talk about this problem, because I'm so embarrassed to have it. I wish I could just stop. I feel the urges coming on, but sometimes my anxiety or stressful situations pushes me towards pulling and I can't fight it.
I met with a counselor a couple times recently. She was kind and supportive, yet she mostly encouraged me to work on my own to consciously choose to stop. Then she told me to come back in a few months. I wish I could find the will to make it as easy as a choice. I try daily.