The Hen House Community Group
This Group is for Hens only. A place where we can share and flock together:) May friendships grow here.
cherrychanga
I can't remember ever having a good dream...I mean ever! When I started taking Trazodone, many years ago, I stopped remembering any dream I might have had. It felt like I simply wasn't dreaming, but I don't know if that's possible.
Lately, I've been getting very little sleep. My days have been starting by 2:00 in the morning and by around 5:00, fatigue hits and I want to go back to bed. Too late at that point because of work so I pump more coffee into myself in hopes of manaing to drag through the next several hours.
Last night, I went to sleep around 9:30, woke at 10:30, finally went back to sleep only to be up at 12:30. I gave up and made coffee and sat at my computer until my pain level made it impossible. I took meds and got sleepy enough to try again. So I dozed for about a half hour and had such n upsetting dream that I actually sat bolt upright in bed, yelling...'I am so pissed'. Scared the heck out of my Chihuahua.
Maybe I should increase the amount of Trazodone I take. My doc writes the script s I could actually take twice the amount I have been. I don't like the feeling of being totally knocked out, though. I live alone and that would make me feel too vulnerable. It would be preferable to what's been going on lately, I think.
Do you find that you don't dream with sleep meds? Are your dreams something to enjoy? Just wondering...
Lately, I've been getting very little sleep. My days have been starting by 2:00 in the morning and by around 5:00, fatigue hits and I want to go back to bed. Too late at that point because of work so I pump more coffee into myself in hopes of manaing to drag through the next several hours.
Last night, I went to sleep around 9:30, woke at 10:30, finally went back to sleep only to be up at 12:30. I gave up and made coffee and sat at my computer until my pain level made it impossible. I took meds and got sleepy enough to try again. So I dozed for about a half hour and had such n upsetting dream that I actually sat bolt upright in bed, yelling...'I am so pissed'. Scared the heck out of my Chihuahua.
Maybe I should increase the amount of Trazodone I take. My doc writes the script s I could actually take twice the amount I have been. I don't like the feeling of being totally knocked out, though. I live alone and that would make me feel too vulnerable. It would be preferable to what's been going on lately, I think.
Do you find that you don't dream with sleep meds? Are your dreams something to enjoy? Just wondering...
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
some have made them intolerable and others just bad. like a good night's sleep a good dream (and i had one last night) give you more energy. i have similar experiences to yours many nights. i just realized at some point i kicked penny off the bed last night thrashing. she's so used to it she finds a safer spot.
i don't think i've taken trazadone. i take ativan for anxiety. i wouldn't take any of the sleep aides where you can get up during the night and have no memory...i live alone, too.
I take ambien for sleep. My pain meds probably also cause drowsiness. Even so, I am not a great sleeper.
I do dream a lot. Interestingly, I dream about myself in my pre-GBS condition. In other words, in my dreams, I am healthy and pain-free and doing the same things I did before I got sick. I guess my brain has not caught up to my current reality.
From time to time, I will have a bad dream, but not often.
Recently, I had a very nice dream about one of my high school math teachers. Later that day, I googled him to see what he was up to. I discovered that he had become superintendent of the school system I had attended. Pretty impressive, but then, so was he. Then, as I read further, I discovered that he had passed away - at the young age of 53. I couldn't believe it. It reminded me how fragile and short life can be...