Social Security Disablity Community Group
This is for any one that has found themselves in the long wait for Soicial Security. Any one that has gone through this process or is in the middle of it. Venting is allowed.
lovebaby8
I want to start by saying I have severe rheumatoid arthritis. I have had it when I was 20 and I am 25 now and every joint is swollen. I went on my medical leave of absence at work from wal-mart where I was a cashier on March 5th 2010. I got wrote up for walking too slow so I left before they found another stupid reason to write me up. I had my interview with SSDI on March 10th 2010. I got my approval letter at the end of April I realize this is a rare case considering I was just about to turn 25 at the time. I was so much in shock I was schedule to get my first check at the end of October because of the waiting period. I thought I would join here and help anyway I could. I just wanted to bring some hope that it doesn't always take long but I realize I was very very lucky. I live in Idaho I don't know if laws are different here or not. Any questions feel free to ask :)
Leigh-Ann
Leigh-Ann
deleted_user
Congratulations! That is amazingly fast.
deleted_user
Leigh-Ann GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am happy to see a GOOD story. I am on my third time applying, I applied 5 yrs ago, was denied, the appealed, denied again. Didn't get a lawyer cuz I couldn't afford one. BUT I know now that you don't have to pay up front... I wish I knew that back then. OH WELL!! I'M FIGHTING FOR IT THIS TIME!!! I just wanted to say I'm happy for you!!!
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...