Sleep Apnea Support Group

Sleep apnea is a common sleep disorder characterized by brief interruptions of breathing during sleep. People with sleep apnea partially awaken as they struggle to breathe, but in the morning they may not be aware of sleep disturbances.

1 Online
  • Toddo

Fishy Diagnosis & Process

Hi there.  New to this group.  I would appreciate any thoughts on my situation.  I was feeling tired for many years and my doctor sent me in for a sleep test for apnea.  They gave me a portable unit to use at home. The tech, a nice guy, told me that there were 3 possible outcomes:  1) I would be positive for apnea, 2) I would be negative and 3) It would be inconclusive.  Since the machine...
  • Hi:  I recently had two operations to repair a badly broken arm and both times my oxygen sats were so low post op they kept me overnight, recommending a sleep study to verify suspected sleep apnea.  In addition I had an operation 20 years ago for a broken nose and the same thing happened then, but no recommendation or any mention of sleep apnea.  Long story short, I have sleep apnea and...
  • Memere-2-4

I have my water full,  heater on,  tube insulted ...and I still get such a dry my lips are stuck together dry......I have had the setting at 1 right up to 5 (highest) and that just makes raindrops in my nosemask while I am sleeping and wakes me up.What else can I do.... I have tried with the hose uninsulted and it makes no difference HelpCotton Mouth Joe
  • High, because yesterday I had a major nosebleed when I woke up and a very dry mouth, I upped the humidity setting on my CPAP by one notch. This morning, when I turned I my back, I realized that drops of water were spilling from the mask.Is there a risk that water got in my lungs overnight? I set it back to the previous setting this morning, but am concerned.
  • INA1032

Newly diagnosed Sleep Apnea

I am a migraine sufferer and after a couple of years of my daily regimen of 25mg Topamax no longer keeping my migraines at bay, I sought treatment from a neurologist. I had a CT scan of my sinuses (nothing), an MRI with contrast (nothing there either) so the neurologist put me on a medication and sent me on my way...and a bill. I wasn't happy so I sought a 2nd opinion from a neurology group about...
  • So... It's been a long journey with OSA. Diagnosed in 2010. CPAP worked for about 2 years... Then just kinda stopped working. I haven't had insurance in almost 4 years. My work doesn't provide insurance. I don't make enough to afford a personal plan, but I make too much to qualify for government assistance. I applied for Obamacare a few years back, but my only options were over $250 per month. I...
  • SNAP CPAP, which you haven't heard of yet, but will pretty soon, is an adhesive based cpap mask that is applied under the nose with two patches, removing all of the headgear from the interface. It seals perfectly against the skin and never leaks, providing patients the smallest and lightest cpap mask on the market. If anyone out there would be interested in learning more, please reach out to me...
  • Kit_Kat85

Not sure how active this group is...  but I was wondering if anyone has used FitBit or any other kind of non-medical "fitness monitor" to track their sleep patterns?
  • I started the process to be fitted with an oral device that will take the place of my bi-pap machine. The devices, there are several, are very scary looking to me. Like something in a nightmare. The dentist I saw told me which ones were the most popular. And which ones people my age, early 60's, usually like. It's a long process from beginning to end but I have a feeling I'm not even going...
  • Intakevalve

0 Anyone try this?
  • ericastinson

I have been on my Cpap for about 3 months. I took Tobit really well. My Apneas were around 5 or less up until last week. I started have more. It has been between 5 and 21. I just order a new cushion for my mask. Thinking I may be having leaks. But is says on my machine my seal has been good. Anyone have this problem? Or know what be causing me to have more Apneas all the sudden?4
  • AnnaMarie34

flying with a c pap machine

I want to know if you can take the c pap machine in a seperate bagor does it have to be put in a carry on bag.I would like to take a carry on bag and put my c pap in a back pack.
  • lojos66

Fatigue and OSA

I have had fatigue for 6 years with no diagnosis except Myasthenia Gravis and then told I didn't have it So I was given a sleep study test and diagnosed with severe OSACan anyone tell me please if they experienced extreme fatigue
  • I took 10 Mgs of generic Ambien this time around and I still had a hard time sleeping. The night passed by faster, and I did get some sleep, but I tossed and turned a lot. I also went to the bathroom 4 times. Once very two hours. I did that the night before the sleep study as well. I didn't even drink more than a half a bottled water and I ended up pissing out an entire damn liter of water. It...
  • anna089

Sleep calculator

Has anyone used a sleep calculator? I found this one by a company doing a sleep tracker and it caught my eye: Has anyone used something similar to plan for your sleep schedule?