Short Stature Support Group

Shortness is a vague term without a precise definition and with significant relativity to context. Because of the lack of preciseness, there is often disagreement about the degree of shortness that should be called short.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi everybody nice talking to u.Surgery to increase the height; it's painful I know,might takes one whole year to return back to normal I know that! But wat an I going to gain from it? SELF ESTEEM which means success in life for me which means more money and a happier life.What do you think?
  • I'm 22 and I'm about 5'6". Being a short guy is a curse. Being short has caused me to develop low self esteem and social anxiety. I do not feel comfortable under my skin at all. I usually try to avoid social situations and crowds at all cost. My dating life is practically non existent. Girls don't even look at me anymore. I had a handful of girlfriends way back in middle school and early high...
  • deleted_user

Bullying and height

Hi, new here. I can't believe how many different support groups there are to choose from, it's great! I am also in the Bullying forum but I want perspective from people who share more similarities with me, starting with height. I am almost 4'9" and 49 years old..My question is about bullying. I believe I receive a lot of bullying because of my height. I think it's obvious why - it only makes...
  • When I was younger I was offered them and said I didn;t want them. I was scared of shots and at that age, I didn't really understand what it meant. Now at 26 I wish to God I would have done it. Is there anyone else here that turned them down for whatever reason and wish thry hadn't now?
  • deleted_user

To All Short Men

I am a petite woman, 5'1" and have dated men in the range of 5'6 to 6.6.5", okay? So it is not about height. Look at all the movie stars, like Brad Pitt who are 'short'. I have two brothers. One is 5'7" and women have been all over him all his life. Another, not quite as good looking, Is 5'6" and he married a woman 5'11". He just does not care. Apparently, neither did she. The point is if...
  • Beaumont

How Tall Are You?

I'll start, and you can tell us your height if you like, there's no need to be shy or uncomfortable because this is the one place you can feel safe being honest. We're a support group, right?I'm a man of 5' 5", and at one time I wore special shoes with height increasing insoles that made me appear to be 5' 7" tall. I don't wear those types of shoe any longer because they're expensive and the...
  • hiyori15

Do you feel the same as me?

Hi,My name is Natali I'm young and I am 4'6. When I walk around I feel like people judge me from a distance. Short is cute but, I don't want to be cute. I'm not saying this in a bad way but I just want to feel normal for once. I have to wear heeled boats everday because I am 4'9 with them on and I can talk to people easier. Flats are my worst enemy. I have no one to talk to about how I feel...
  • Hello all,I am in my early 30s, I have a good job, make good money. I am fit, have always been considered very smart, excelled academically when I was young, and excel at my job now. I have a good sense of humor and some people (ok, it's mostly my mother) even say I am handsome.Normally, I should have a great life, but I am only 5'5 in height, and this ruins everything for me. First, I have no...
  • SweetPetite

Where is e everyone.!

I am joined up on other groups on DS and I just came upon this group just now. I thought-Wow-what a perfect group for me! People who understand what it feels like to be short! Then I saw that the last post was in October! Where is everyone?!
  • My daughter is going to be 2 next month, she weighs 19lbs and is in 9 mos clothes. We have a lot going on with her and doctors right now, but she has no idea. She is wanting to potty train like the normal 2 year old she is. Problem is....pull ups and panties start at 2T and drown her. And I can't find anything smaller even online. Any other parents have this problem or have suggestions? Might...
  • Auri777

Short girls

I just stumbled onto this support group, I'm 5 7" and I haven't been pumped on being short most of my life but I can say Personally I love short girls, I know it's frustrating sometimes being overlooked for being short but i think it's just so,etching that makes u unique, nor,al people are boring I think, my grandpa was 5 5" and had a listener plate that said short is beautiful...I agree, there...
  • Short Guys. Yep, Short. 5'2"-5'8" is great. I'm 5'1" currently and taller guys sort of intimidate me. A man my size makes me feel closer to him and its a plus not having to look up all day :)
  • deleted_user

So tired of being stared at

Hello, I am a short statured woman - 4 foot 5, I live in Israel, in which people stare a lot, relatively (no education for manners, a matter of culture I guess) and it gets on my nerves to be stared at every day of the week, in the street and on the bus. So I wanted to ask you, how do you deal with being stared at in public because of your short stature? I would love to read what you got to say...
  • My twin 14 yr old girls just got their driving permits. One is 4.11 and fits just fine. The other is 4.5 and our van seems to be too big for her to drive safely. Does anyone have a car recommendation for short stature females and an opinion on those driving extensions for the pedals. Thank you! Debby
  • debby4

FACEBOOK Group

Hi, I joined this group two months ago and now have started a Facebook group that hopefully more people will join and post helpful stories or be able to get to know each other better. Its for myself and my teen daughter who is at 4.5 full height. Thank you. I hope you will join us! ShortStatureUSAShortandSweet@groups.facebook.com http://www.facebook.com/groups/ShortStatureUSAShortandSweet/