Severe Tinnitus Hyperacusis Sufferers Community Group
TRYING TO DEAL WITH TINNITUS/HYPERACUSIS THROUGH THE WORD OF JESUS CHRIST.POST YOUR VIEWS OR SCRIPTURE. EXCHANGE SPIRITUAL COMFORT OR SPIRITUAL WORDS OF GOD FROM HIS WORDS.
fieldsofflowers
I hit a parked car going about 5mph. The airbags deployed so forcefully that I developed tinnitus and hyperacusis. It has been one week with no improvement. I had two rounds of steroids and a doctor put an I ejection of steroids into my eardrum. If anything, it is now more random of a noise. I am looking for support. I am 28 years old and a school librarian and reading teacher. This is devastating. I have had a hard life and feel suicidal. Looking for help and support. How do I shut it off? It has been 8 days. Will it go away?
Posted on 04/21/12, 10:59 pm
Posted on 04/21/12, 10:59 pm
deleted_user
Hello, I am sorry to hear about that. I do not know if what you are experiencing will go away or not, but if it helps my mom has been suffering from severe tinnitus for 33 years. She developed it at age 19 because she had an infection in her left ear. The infection was not properly treated and she had all of the bones removed. She then got an infection because the doctor spread the mass that was in her ear. She survived the infection after being in the hospital for seven days. Since then she has had tinnitus and it is a living hell for her. Recently, she started to get it in her right ear and has had fluid in that ear also. She describes it as being extremely difficult to deal with and makes normal day to day life a challenge. She too says she is suicidal and gets bothered by the slightest of noises. She told me she has the hyperacusis like you do which is why she cannot tolerate our current living situation because it is a building apartment. Sorry to ramble so much but I thought this might help you to know that there is someone else out there with tinnitus and hyperacusis. It is difficult to deal with and makes life miserable.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...