Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Support Group

Rocky Mountain spotted fever is the most severe and most frequently reported rickettsial illness in the United States, and has been diagnosed throughout the Americas. The disease is caused by Rickettsia rickettsii, a species of bacteria that is spread to humans by hard ticks.

0 Online

Newly Diagnosed

I was told Monday, July 3rd, 2013 that I have RMSF. I am curious if anyone is out there to talk to. Although I've been on medication for a couple of weeks I am still not feeling well.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

My nurse case manager sent me to this site for support. Disappointed at the lack of posts here. There is another site that seems to be more active - mdjunction.com

I was diagnosed late September, was apparently bit in May. I am having trouble finding information and doctors that will help me. Everything I have read the last month says "curable after doxycycline if treated within first 5 days". I went almost 6 months with out a diagnosis and therefore without treatment and cannot find anything.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • ainteasybeineazy

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...